a final chapter(epilogue?)/thank you

Hello! If you are reading this, than that means that you've finished the book and you're probably pissed off by the way I ended things. That, and this story reached 150k!! So, as a thank you for reading this book to the fullest, for not stoning me for that tragic ending, and for helping me accomplish my goal as an author, and my goal as a velociraptor.

So, without further adieu, I present, the aftermath/final chapter.

================

"Come on Owen!! Put that away!" The giggling brunette scolded loudly, trying to cover the lens of the camera with her sand covered palm.

"But Tess! I need to get a good shot of t-" He heard a loud, energific and excited scream as blonde hair engulfed the lens.

"Stop trying to take pictures of her behind, horndog! Let's have some fun before it gets all dark and shit." The camera panned out to show Sam's happy face, turned to the side and looking at Owen.

"I can do whatever I want she's my Beta!" His voice defended, as the camera turned towards a front facing Tess with her hands on her hips, while a smirk was forming on her lips.

"You're a pain in the ass, you know that?" Her brunette hair was partially falling out of her ponytail, allowing small strands to frame the sides of her face. There was an audible chuckle.

"Yes, I know that."

"Come on guys let's go! The sun's starting to set!" Sam was heard from a distance now. She'd gotten off and ran a few feet towards the shore. Owen moved the camera to the side, showing the blonde almost seventeen year old rushing towards the blue ocean waves coming towards Isla Nublar.

"Alright, Sammy!" Tess turned towards her sister, smiling as she shouted.

"Don't call me that!" and with that, the screen went black.

"Owen, this isn't healthy."

I squeezed my eyes close, hearing the echoing of Claire's voice in my head. I wanted to jump up, tell her that it was perfectly fine, and that I was grieving, but the thing is... We're way past that.

"I know," I say out loud, turning in my seat to face Claire. She took a step forward, reaching her hand out towards mine and grabbed it.

"I understand that its been hard, I completely get it, but this isn't you Owen. Tess would want you to be yourself, not this shell you've become."

I stood up, feeling anger swelling up on the inside, like a blister or a sore.

"Tess isn't here, Claire!" I took a deep breath, stuffing my hand into my suit pocket so I grab the only thing that reminded me of her, of Tess.

"I know!" Claire yelled, slapping me across the face. It tingled with pain, but it wasn't as bad as the emotional pain. "I know that she isn't here! I know! And that's what the hell is wrong, okay! She isn't here, and if you can't move past that then you don't deserve to walk her sister down the aisle!"

I gripped the clicker tightly in my hand, feeling my knuckles turning white from the pressure. I looked down, feeling the anger turning into solemn.