Not Too Late(Peaky Blinders:Michael Gray{Modern Day}-Part 3)

*Michael's pov*

I loved every part of my life my job, my friends, my family...most of all my children I was now lucky enough to be the father of 3 beautiful girls 6 year old Emily, 3 year old Clara and 2 year old Stella Elizabeth..Stella was a surprise but very welcomed but after Stella turned 1 we decide to try for one more boy or girl we were done but last month we welcomed our last baby our first boy Nathaniel Michael or Nate as Ella calls him...the girls adored having a brother and I think Elle was just as thrilled to have a boy named after her dad...she begged her brothers after their father passed while we were dating that if we ever had a son we would get the name James and they kept their promise through Jacob's 4 kids and William's 5...today was Christmas and the entire family had gathered at Thomas and Lizzie's...I stood outside watching my girls play with their cousins little Stella was toddling along not far from Finn's little boy Robbie...my wife and son inside no doubt my mum ordering her to worry about Nate instead..I smiled softly as Jacob stood beside me "Hey.."

Jacob nodded "Funny thing isn't it watching your own children play the way you did as a kid?"

I nodded "I don't remember Ella as a kid."

He smiled "Away from the fact they are related you and Ella were like Robbie and Stella attached at the hip...she cried for days when that took you and Anna I mean she was a 5 year old kid she didn't understand what had happened...but when you came back something in me knew this is where you two would end up together."

I nodded "Even though I almost ruined it all."

Jacob nodded "You thought you were doing the right thing for them saving them from the what ifs... but all it took was you seeing that sweet little girl and Ella and you realized they were your future not the American girl."

I nodded "Elle never told you did she?"

He shook his head "Tell me what?"

I sighed deeply "Gina sent a letter shortly after Ella found out she was pregnant with Stella claiming I was the father of her son..."

Jacob raised an eyebrow "And Elle kept quiet?"

I nodded "She said it wasn't anyone's business but ours...and you know what my mum would of done."

He nodded "Was the kid yours?"

I shook my head "No but I tell you what seeing Elle willing to bring in a kid that wasn't hers prepared to love him as much as she did our kids validated that I did make the right choice in my life those 2 years apart made us stronger made me see I had the best thing in my life."

Jacob smiled "And look at you now "Married 4 incredible kids..."

I smiled looking out at my girls "I'm living the life man."

He nodded "Aren't we all.."

I smiled softly eventually the girls got tired of the cold weather and inside we went I found my wife sitting on the couch holding our sleeping boy I leaned down pressing a brief kiss to her lips "Hi."

Ella smiled "Hi...have fun?"

I nodded "Mmhmm girls are getting hot cocoa from their Nanny...I was hoping he was awake."

She smiled softly "Just fell asleep...you know nursing him is going so much smoother than it did with the girls..I mean it went okay with Emily but with Clara and Stella it was rough."

I sat down beside her letting her legs drape over my lap "I'm glad love.."

Ella smiled softly "So you really okay with Nate being our last?"