Promises(Peaky Blinders:Thomas Shelby-Part 3)

*Adeline's pov*

These past 2 years were incredible we welcomed our son Charles who to me was perfect...Thomas was an amazing father completely doting on not only me but Charles too.. the business were starting to become more legal...and Thomas and I were actively trying for another baby but shortly after discovering I was pregnant again we lost the baby after an attempted assassination attempt during a charity dinner left me injured but caused me to lose our baby which devastated me...I didn't blame Thomas but he solely blamed himself so he began to distance himself from me and Charles...but suddenly he fired all the male staff and sent an order to have Peak Blinders set up at the house he gave me a half baked reason then left again as I got Charles to bed only to get a call from Ada to get to the hospital Thomas was severely hurt...I slowly walked into the room seeing my beaten husband "Tommy.."

Thomas groaned "I told her not to call you...you should be with Charles.."

I slowly sat on the edge of the bed "I waited a few days so Charles had one of us home...he is safe and sound a few of the boys are at the house...Johnny is there."

He winced "Don't leave him alone ever..and stay with someone please."

I sighed "John is with me...Tommy what is going on why are Charles and I under protection.."

Thomas groaned "Hughes."

I glanced up at John "The Priest?"

He nodded "Yes...just do as I say please."

I nodded "Okay..."

Thomas nodded "John give me a minute with me wife please."

John squeezed my shoulder slightly then stepped outside the room

I sighed "Tommy."

Thomas sighed deeply wincing slightly and he did..."I swore as long as you were with me you would never get hurt...you got shot...you lost our baby because of me...me own actions hurt you.."

I placed a gentle hand on his cheek "Listen to me Thomas Shelby and you listen to me good...you didn't marry a weak woman what me dad didn't teach me you and your brothers did...I  knew what dangers could come me way when I married you I knew...but I accept them because I love you...I in no way shape or form blame you for us losing the baby I however fully blame the Italians for it."

He nodded "Adeline."

I gently caressed his bruised cheek "I love you..'

Thomas nodded "I love you too.."

I smiled "I know.."

He sighed "Can we try again?"

I nodded "When you get better yeah..."

Thomas nodded "Okay."

I nodded "Now I'm gonna get home to Charles.."

He gently took my hand "Don't visit too often I have John and Arthur close by but...just for me sake."

I nodded "Once a week I'll visit and I'll make sure I have Charles with me."

Thomas nodded "Be safe..."

I leaned down pressing a light kiss to his lips "I'll see you soon."

He nodded "Remember what I told you before anything happens to me you let me brothers or Michael help you with Charles."

I nodded "I promise."

Thomas nodded as a nurse walked in "Soon."

I gave him one last kiss then walked out with John..I sighed "I'm worried."