Promises(Peaky Blinders:Thomas Shelby-Part 4)

*Adeline's pov*

It has been a year since that day while the family hasn't had much to do with Thomas since the arrests except Michael and Ada I was around a lot even being there when Arthur and Linda's son Billy was born...I wasn't too happy how Thomas was acting but I supported him as a wife should...I was getting Charles ready for bed when Frances walked in "Yes Frances?"

Frances smiled softly "Mrs Shelby Mr Shelby asked me to come get you hes in his study...I'll finish getting him ready for bed.."

I kissed my sons cheek "Sleep quickly me love...the quicker you go to bed the quicker Santa will arrive."

Charles smiled "Okay mama."

I smiled softly and walked out...I got down to the study to find Thomas changing and cleaning blood off himself "What the hell happened.?"

Thomas sighed "Look on me desk Addie."

I walked over picking up a white card "A black hand.....Tommy?"

He nodded "You are Charlie are safe...Luca Changretta wants me, Ada, Arthur, John, Michael and Polly...family for family."

I shook my head "How does that mean me and Charlie are safe...we could lose you!"

Thomas took my face in his now clean hands "I've got a plan love...but I want you to go pack our stuff and Charles's we are going back to Small Heath tonight."

I nodded "Tommy."

He nodded "I know love...we'll be safe in Small Heath..."

I sighed softly as he let his forehead rest against mine "Okay.."

Thomas pressed a light kiss to my lips "Go."

I nodded and went upstairs packing what I could and had what little staff we still had get them in the car along with all Charlie's presents...I looked up seeing Thomas carrying a very sleepy Charles "I'll take him."

Charles came into my arms "Mama he come?"

I shook my head "Not yet me love"

He nodded laying his head on my shoulder

Thomas sighed kissing my head "I'm sorry love.."

I nodded "I know."

He nodded and we walked out and got in the car when we arrived at the old house he carried Charles in putting him to bed then joined me in the living room lighting the fire "Its for the best.."

I nodded "Whatever keeps you and him both safe I'll do what I have to...just end this soon Tommy please....I can't bring another baby into this mess again."

Thomas took my face in his hands capturing my lips in a kiss "How far gone?"

I smiled softly "Not far looks like it could be the end of summer August."

He smiled "Everything is okay?"

I nodded "She saw no reason why I shouldn't be able to have a very healthy baby...or babies."

Thomas stopped "Babies?"

I nodded "Its possible...one of the nurses is gypsy."

He smiled "Two more of you...I'll take it."

I smiled softly...the next morning we were woken up to horrible news the Mafia has killed John and injured Michael...Esme was devastated I sat with her while she packed up the children "I understand if anything ever happens to Tommy I would be doing the same."

Esme nodded "How do you do it...stay by Tommy's side like this."

I sighed "Because while this isn't the man I fell in love with he is still me husband and the father of me children he's done bad things all the boys have but I'm lucky enough to have known them all before all this...I adored John you know I did he was me best friend more like me brother and I was revenge for him too."