Promises(Peaky Blinders:Thomas Shelby-Part 1)

*Adeline's pov*

To some Small Heath wasn't much but it was home to me...its where my parents married and brought me into this world and it was where I laid them to rest my mother passed when I was roughly about 9 leading to her friend Mrs Shelby and her sister-in-law Polly to step into that role for me when I needed it most considering I was the same age as her only daughter Ada...my father fought in the war even after to begged him not to he came back in a box...the war changed everyone especially the 3 eldest Shelby boys for me the war made me an orphan and brought put feelings I didn't know I had for Tommy I think we healed together Polly naturally being the protective sort she was wasn't thrilled about me and Tommy but she knew nothing would ever change my mind John and Arthur were thrilled having seen me as a sister for as long as so could remember..I stood looking out the window of Polly's house ready for a family meeting when I felt a hand on my back..I jumped "Bloody hell Pol you scared me."

Polly raised an eyebrow "Since when are you so jumpy Addie?"

I sighed deeply "A lot on me mine right now."

She cupped my chin "Second guessing this thing with Tommy?"

I shook my head "Of course not...I just..fucking hell it's complicated Polly...its not Tommy I promise."

Polly nodded "Are you in trouble love it you are you need to tell the boys."

I sighed deeply "It's Ada...she told me who the father is but I'm not allowed to tell Tommy...and I know Tommy he knows I know but it's not my place to tell him fiance or not...I can't betray Ada but yet I should tell him."

She shook her head with a smile "You have always been a complicated girl my dear the loyalty you and Ada have for each other should be just that yours...Tommy will just have to fucking accept that he knew how it was when he placed that ring on your finger."

I nodded as Tommy walked in "Well Pol we both know how Thomas Shelby is."

Polly laughed "Ah yes love we do...but lucky for us he bloody loves you."

Tommy walked over kissing Polly's cheek "Morning Pol."

She smiled "Morning Tommy.."

He nodded "Adeline we need to talk."

I nodded letting him lead me into Polly's living room away from his brothers "I'm not telling you Tommy...if Ada wants you to know she'll tell you."

Tommy shook his head as he pinched the bridge of his nose "You two are going to lead me to me death.."

I nodded "Aye I know...but look roles reversed would you be telling Ada?"

He cocked an eyebrow "Of course I bloody would."

I smiled "Okay bad choice...okay let's say it was me that was pregnant I didn't want anyone to know right away and Arthur or John was demanding to know would you be okay with that?"

Tommy sighed shaking his head "She's my bloody little sister Addie.."

I walked closer letting my arms wrap around his torso "I know love and she's my best friend....but Ada has her reasons I don't understand them myself but she does...plus I kinda owe her despite how much you don't like it she hid knowing about us for months before everyone found out...so please don't ask me to betray her okay."

He sighed deeply dipping his head to press a feather light kiss to my lips "You're lucky I love you."

I smiled "Yes I am...now don't we have a family meeting to get to?"

Tommy nodded "Aye..we do..but for the record only reason Ada found out about you and I was because she walked in on me fucking you..."

I shrugged "Funny that's how John found out too.."