21

"Are you throwing up again?" My 8 year old cousin, Soraya asked as she tied my hair up for me.

I was currently at my Grandma Gene's house. She had my four cousins here also. We were just spending the weekend like she asked us to.

There was me, 8 year old Soraya, 16 year old Kamiya (same age as me), 10 year old Josh and 18 year old Deborah.

"Mhmmm." I mumbled before emptying my stomach again. "You still having stomach pains?" Deborah came in asking. "Mhmm."

"I don't think this is normal." Deborah said. "Not that I know really but still." I finally stopped as they both helped me clean myself.

I stood up and that's when I felt fluid run down my leg. "Oh my gosh. Raya I just peed myself." We all started laughing.

"Remind me to never get pregnant." Deborah smiled. "Deal." I laughed. I took a shower and we went downstairs by everyone else.

"Oooo look at you Josh-Daddy, you got braids now?" I asked. "Like daddy." He smiled. "I see you." I smiled.

I grabbed my stomach but continued walking into the kitchen. "Hey grandma." I smiled. "Hey baby, you finally stopped throwing up?"

"Yessss. I didn't think I would ever stop." I laughed. "Ouch." I whined. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Khélan keeps kicking me today and that shit hurts." I whined. "I don't miss that." Grandma said as we laughed.

"Oww." I grabbed the counter. "Did you tell gran that you peed on yourself?" Raya asked as she took a bite of her apple and sat next to me.

"Oh. So after I threw up, I stood up and peed. I didn't know I had to, it just came." I smiled as all of them except grandma laughed.

"Ummm... are you having pains or kicks?" She asked. "Just... OWWWW!" I screamed out as I held a tighter grip on the counter.

"GUYS! GUYS! HER WATER BROKE WE GOTTA GO! Shit you're early Mi Mi" she said as she grabbed her keys and my bag.

We made it to the hospital a while after and sure enough Khélan was ready to make her appearance.

I had been here for almost two hours. Ray got my baby bag and came along with Jas, Sheri, Keri, and Rey.

They weren't able to come in the delivery room, not that I really wanted them to see me like this so it was just Ray and I. Nah I didn't want him to see me either.

"How you feeling?" Ray asked while watching me rub my belly and make those low groan noises.

"It hurts but not that bad, all I have to do is take deep breaths and relax." I smiled a little.
He held my hand the entire time. "Babe it's going to be okay."

"So this is the real deal right here? I'm about to be a daddy?" Ray asked smiling while rubbing my stomach, I just nodded and looked at him.

"Your contractions are three minutes apart, you're doing fine Milan, you're doing great just breath in- breath out." The doctor said.

Another hour passed and the pains were even worse. I was laying in the bed moaning and groaning like crazy.

Ray just kept wiping my forehead with a wet cold towel, He was also trying to get me to eat this blueberry flavored ice he bought me.

"You want some more?" He asked me while taking a bite of his Philly cheese steak. That nigga loved that shit.

"Please..." he placed the spoon up to my mouth and allowed me to get the ice from it. After I laid back down taking deep breaths with my eyes closed.

I was having a natural water birth, I suggested it and Ray paid for it. Not that I wanted him to but whatever. The doctors were getting the birthing tub ready.

I got in the tub with the help of Ray. I was just in a bra and no underwear. I was completely butt naked.

"Ohhh, this feels much better." I said, enjoying the warm water, it made my cramps kind a disappear.

"I know, this will help you. The baby will be here before you know it, just relax and be patient." A different doctor said.

I just leaned against the tub, while Ray whispered stuff to me, trying to make me feel calm. He wanted to make me comfortable.

After a few minutes I felt the urge to push. "Miss, I think I got to push." I groaned while holding Ray's hand tightly.

A doctor quickly walked over and touched my vagina. Don't get me wrong but my husband's the only person who i let touched there.

"Do not push okay? The baby's just crowning, give her time to come out on her own okay?" She asked.

"Because if you don't, she will tear you and you don't want to tear up your anus. She almost here."

"So what we're going to do is give her time to come through and when I say push you will push. And then you're going to reposition."

Ray just looked at me as if he felt how I did. "Daddy you can get in the water with her if you want." The doctor smiled while checking me.

"Oh yeah. She's coming." Another doctor said with a smile. "I can see her." I bit my bottom lip as I felt the burning below.

I could hardly focus and wanting to push was not good at all. I felt like I had to squeeze my muscle so she won't fall out.

"It's burning." I whined, trying my best not to cry or scream. I had to moan softly so the baby won't go back up.

"That's because you're crowning, she making her way out. She almost here just bare with us. I can see her head just don't push."

Ray took off his shirt and stayed in his basketball shorts. A doctor gave him a quick peek and almost died.

I was in too much pain so I just chilled. Like I know my husband is like one of the finest men out there but it's not the time.

Yeah I stay calling him my husband even though he's not, but he told me we'll get married one day... I just hope it's true.

"Okay Milan, I need you to push okay, just a gentle push don't rush it." I held the rim of the tub.

"It hurts." I whined pushing gently, I felt something pop. I had to reposition. Ray was now sitting in the tub and I was sitting in between his legs with my legs propped up. 

I just kept taking deep breaths while looking down, I could see my baby's head so clearly. A doctor grabbed the baby's head and tried to pull her out.

"Oh my gosh." I cried while looking down at my baby. "You see her? Just push okay, and she'll be out."

I gave her one strong push which popped my baby right out. Ray watched as the doctor placed the baby on my chest.

My chest heaved up and down as I cried. I have never seen anything as beautiful as my baby before. I watched as my baby made those high pitched siren cries.

THE END.