2

Walking through my front door, closing and locking it behind me. I made my way upstairs to my room.

I touched my dad's treasure box and my mom's necklace and whispered. "I'll always love you, no matter what."

"I'm only doing this for you, no one else. If it wasn't for you, I would drop out of school. I just can't do this anymore, I miss y'all." I cried.

"It's been 3 years without you mom, and daddy tried his best to keep me straight. However, he's been taking it hard... until—" I sobbed.

"He passed away too. I know it's been 2 years since you were gone daddy. I hope you and mom are up their happy." I continued.

"Just please guys, please help me get through all this. You are the only reasons am doing this." I wiped my tears and got off of my bed.

I was heading into the kitchen and I bumped into my cousin, Sheridan. "Watch where you're going you little bitch." She spat.

I just continued walking to the the fridge, pulling out a bottled water and some strawberries.

I washed them and put them in a bowl. I turned around to make my way back up to my room but I was stopped.

"Don't you hear me talking to you hoe." Sheridan said, mugging me. "I don't have time for this." I said, pushing past her.

Sheridan is always picking on me. Just because I wouldn't loan her three thousand dollars. She asked me the day of my dad's funeral.

I was grieving and didn't want to be bothered so I said no. Ever since she's been mean to me. I would try to give her some money but no.

She won't take less. She wants to be mean. Her mom doesn't know because she acts nice to me around her or she just ignores me simply.

She walked pass my room and looked in. I gave her the finger and she mugged me. "You're so ugly." She said.

"Oh really? I was tryna look like you today." I said with a frown. She gave me a dagger and went on her way.

We have about four guest rooms in our house and she stays in the one that's closest to my room. Which I don't like.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen to wash my bowl and Aunt Sharon walked through the door. "Hey baby, how was school?" She asked.

"Uhh, well school was school. It was fine." I said and she smiled. "Where's Sheridan?" She asked me. "Upstairs in her room." I answered.

I jogged back up the stairs to my room, while Aunt Sharon started dinner downstairs. I think I want to take a bath.

I undressed myself and went into my bathroom that was connected to my room.

***

"Mi mi?" Aunt Sharon called me by the nickname my mom gave to me. "Come in." I said, still scrolling through Instagram.

She walked into my room, closing the door behind her. She came and sat on the edge of my bed at the bottom.

"What's the matter with you and Sheri?" She asked, calling her by her nickname. "She said you guys had an argument today."

"Well Aunty, the year my dad died." I sighed. She put her hand on my back, rubbing it. "She asked to borrow three thousand dollars."

"Three thousand what?!" My Aunt screamed. I rubbed my ears and let out a slight chuckle. "Yes Aunty, But there's more."

She motioned for me to continue. "Keep in mind it was at the funeral so of course I didn't want anyone to bother me." She nodded.

"So I told her no and from ever since then and y'all moved in she's been picking on me and calling me all types of stuff." I finished.

"So why didn't you tell me honey?" She asked. "I didn't want her to hate me more." I said. "But you should've said something at least."

"Well I tried to give her a little something cause that's too much and she wouldn't take it. For her it's either what she wants or nothing."

"She could never behave like that with me. I can't believe you didn't say anything. I would've fixed her since then." She said.

"It's probably because she knew what your parents left and she just wanted some. I'll talk to her." She said, standing up.

I nodded and unlocked my phone. "Dinner is ready though, you can go eat." She said before closing the door.

I put my phone on the charger and got up. I rushed downstairs and shared a plate as I sat down and ate.

I turned on the tv as I ate. Yes, there is a tv in the kitchen, living room, all bedrooms and mine and my parents' bathroom.

Their are tv in the guest bedrooms but not their bathrooms. I ate as I watched my favorite show, Law and Order.

After I ate and washed my dishes I turned off the tv and made my way up the stairs. My aunt was coming down the same time.

"How was it?" She asked with a smile. "It was good as always." I said continuing my way. I went in my room & plopped down on the bed.

A few minutes after Sheri walked in. "Don't come in my room without knocking, especially when you're in MY house." I said.

"Yeah yeah am sorry, I deserve that." She said, walking back out. Wait did she just— did she? What?! Sheridan apologized?!

I heard a knock at my door, this time. "Come in." I said. Sheri walked in. "Can I sit?" She asked, and I nodded. Why is she so nice now?!

She sat at the edge of my bed, where her mom sat. "Look right am really sorry Mi." She said, I just stared at her.

"I'm sorry for being so mean to you, for trying to manipulate you, talking down on you, and calling you out your name." She continued.

"That was really uncalled for. Do you accept my apology?" She asked sincerely. "Yeah I do." I said nonchalantly.

"So..." she trailed off. "You forgive me right?" I nodded. She got up and hugged me. "I think we should start over and be friends." She said.

"Yeah okay." I said. "You sound very uninterested and unbothered." She said, and I shrugged.

"I only asked to test you though but when I think back, I realize I asked you at the wrong time and place." She said sighing.

"Right, I didn't want to be bothered. At all." I said. "Yeah I know but am sorry." She said. "Yeah don't keep apologizing it gets irritating."

"Oh, you wanna go to the mall tomorrow?" She asked me. "Sure." I nodded. "Alright after school." She said, walking out.

It was around 9:20 pm, so I decided to take another bath, and then end my day off with a little Instagram and then I sleep.