10. Let It Go

"

"...Well are you mine? (are you mine tomorrow?)
Are you mine? (or just mine tonight?)
Are you mine? (are you mine tomorrow?)
(Or just mine tonight?)"

We had been performing for about an hour, and a huge crowd had started to form around us. It was truly amazing! I had never sung in front of so many people. And they enjoyed our music!

Grabbing the microphone off the stand, Jason walks forward towards the crowd. "Hey everyone! It's so great to see such a big crowd coming to listen to us perform. Since there is so many of you, I thought that I would take some suggestions as to what we should play next. Does anyone have any ideas?"

He looks around, waiting to see if anyone would be brave enough to put up their hand and make a suggestion. "Nobody? Well then, I guess I have to start choosing at random. How about... You," he says crouching in front of a little boy who looked around eight or nine. "What's your name little guy?" He asks.

"Jamie," the boy answers in a small voice, slightly hiding behind his mum's leg.

"That's a great name, I love it! So Jamie, do you have any suggestions for what you would like us to play?" Jason encourages.

Jamie just hides behind his mum's leg more, obviously very shy.

"Hey, don't worry little guy, it can be anything you want."

Jamie looks up at Jason with big eyes, a small smile appearing on his face. "Let it go?" He asks in a small voice.

"Good choice buddy," Jason says as he stands back up, walking back towards us. "Alright team, I want the keyboard playing lead and drums keeping a steady beat in the background from the first chorus. Everyone else sit out. Jessica, you're taking the lead on this one," he says, finally turning to me.

"Ok," I reply with a wide smile. Turning towards the crowd, I take a deep breath. "Alright everyone! This one's for Jamie!"

I nod at Blake, signalling for him to start the intro. His fingers gently flow across the keys, the soft intro of Let it Go emitting from the speakers.

"The snow glows white on the mountain tonight,
Not a footprint to be seen.
A kingdom of isolation,
And it looks like I'm the queen."

I quickly get into the zone, the music flowing out and around me. As I approach the chorus, my voice rising slight from the softness of the first verse, I hear the drum start to make an appearance, hitting those few notes before the chorus.

"Let it go, let it go!
Can't hold it back anymore.
Let it go, let it go!
Turn away and slam the door.
I don't care what they're going to say!
Let the storm rage on,
The cold never bothered me anyway."

I start to dance around with the beat after the chorus, twirling around the other band members and instruments with the mic in my hand, careful not to trip over anything.

Singing the next verse, I walk over to the crowd, stopping in front of Jamie and ruffling his hair. He smiled and hid behind his mum again, a small giggle escaping his lips.

I reach the last chorus, a smile permanently etched on my face. I move back closer to Jamie as I reach the last note, the song building up towards its final climax.

"Let the storm rage on!"

I quickly hold the mic out towards Jamie, hoping he will finish off the song.

"The cold never bothered me anyway," he sang into the mic, a grin spreading on his face.

I clap enthusiastically with everyone else, cheering for him and holding my hand out for a congratulatory high five.

When the crowed quietens down, Jason takes control of the mic again, talking to the crowd. "Unfortunately, that's us done for today, but we'll take one final request before we finish. Any suggestions?"

"Bohemian rhapsody!" I hear someone shout from the back of the crowd, and everyone just laughs and cheers.

"Alright! I guess this could go two ways, not too bad or really bad, so let's give this a shot."

With a final laugh, I hear Jason count us in. Everyone starts on a different note, the harmony's mixing together.

"Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality.
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see.
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low.
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me."

Blake takes a lead, playing the main tune on his keyboard. Jason joins in, singing the next part solo, his voice mixing beautifully with the basic chords from the keyboard.

Before I know it the song is nearing its main climax the electric guitar getting ready for its solo.

"Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me!"

Without warning, everyone starts headbanging along to Jason's solo! I was having the time of my life, dancing along and singing my heart out with Jason. This honestly had to be one of my best ideas ever.

The end of the song came up, and as Jason finished with his "nothing really matters", I softly sand the final line: "anywhere the wind blows."

With a final roll of the cymbal, the chord cut off and the crowd erupted with cheers and applause! I had never experienced anything like it! The band came to the front of the crowd. Joining hands, we raised them in the air and took a few bows, the noise from the crowd never ceasing.

Jason went around high fiving each band member, and when he got to me, embraced me in a bone crushing hug, lifting me off the ground and twirling me around. When my feet finally landed back on the ground, he whispered a quick "thank you" in my ear and walked back to the guys, helping with the clear up.

I looked at my new band members, maybe my newfriends. I felt a warmth spread through my body at the thought of having real friends for once. Maybe this wasn't such a bad thing after all.

***
Like and comment!
Indtagram: lozza03writes