31. Little Prince

Both Dylan and James burst out laughing at my suggestion, Ethan knowing better than to think I'm joking

I stand up and cross my arms over my chest, raising an eyebrow at the two idiots in front of me.

"Ethan, would you like to help me demonstrate what I mean?"

"Do I have to?" he whines, but grabs a pair of gloves and a head guard from the shelf anyway.

Once we're both ready, we stand opposite each other on the mat, stance set. I nod once that Ethan who nods back, signalling we are both ready, so I make the first move by jabbing at him which he blocks. I do the same again with my other arm but kick him in the stomach as he blocks, knocking him back before finishing with a kick to the head leaving him sprawled on the floor.

I offer him my gloved hand which he gratefully takes, pulling him back on to his feet. "Are you good?" I check, making sure I didn't hit him too hard. it was only sparring after all.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I know the drill with these things," he replies with a small laugh.

I let out a small sigh of relief at his answer. He may be my brother and I may want to beat him but that doesn't mean I want to hurt him. Most of the time anyway.

"Dude, you just got your ass handed to you by your sister."

I turn to a laughing James and raise an eyebrow. "So what if I beat him?"

"He was obviously going easy on you. There is no way you beat him that easily."

I hear a scoff from beside me and see Ethan glaring angrily at his friend. "Kick their asses, Jessica."

I could hear in his tone that he wasn't happy with his friends comment. I was glad Dylan didn't say anything to make it worse. He looked mildly impressed by what he saw instead of disbelieving.

"James, would you like to go first?"

"Sure, Princess. I'll let you "kick my ass" first," he says with a smirk, using his fingers to ear quote what Ethan said.

Typical male.

"Gear up. You're going to need it."

Ethan chucks him the gear he used to save time, James still smirking as he puts it on.

Cocky bastard.

We get set in our fighting stances on the mat, James chuckling away as he stands opposite me. "Hit me as hard as you like Princess. I'm a big boy, I can handle it," he says with a wink.

I look over to Ethan who just nods in return, as if giving me permission. What the Little Prince wants, he gets.

I say go this time, knowing non-verbal communication won't work with him. Just as I had predicted, he doesn't move first, signalling with his hands for me to come on. I moved closer, swaying my hips a little as I go. James' grin widens, eyes wide in delight. I stop in front of him. He crosses his arms in expectation.

I strike.

His head snaps to the side as I punch him in the face. Hard. The room is silent as James regains his balance, shock written on his face. I give him the same motion he gave me. Come on. Fight me. I dare you.

He storms up to me and swings his arm, aiming for my head. I duck and jab his exposed side, causing him to stumble back. I don't stop, just keep jabbing at his body. he wisely keeps his hands up to protect his face.

He quickly grabs my left hand, halting my movements, but I just hit him in the face again and he lets go. I pause, allowing him a second to get himself together. we get back into our stances. I fake a punch to his face, to which he raises his hands to protect it, and I take the opportunity to tackle him to the ground.

I land on his stomach, legs straddling his sides. I grab his hands and pin them above his head so he can't hit me. "If you wanted a ride Princess, all you had to do was ask," he taunts, smirking at me.

Fuck my life. This guy is insufferable!

He flips us over and rips his hand from my grasp, holding me in the same position he was in.

"You'll have to be stronger than that if you want to get on top of me Princess. Unless you'd like to go on a date with me. Then I'll see what I can do for after," he says with yet another wink.

God, those stupid winks! I hate them!

"What Is any guys worst nightmare?" I ask him.

"Oh, a talker! Can't admit defeat sweetheart?"

"There are two things. One: they can't stand being beaten, especially by a girl."

"Don't be upset Princess. I'm sure I can make it up to you."

"Two: getting kneed in the balls." I quickly bring my knee up to his crotch, not even bothering to be gentle. The blood drains from his face as he grabs his junk, rolling off me with a pained groan. both Ethan and Dylan are wincing, as if they could also feel the pain.

I cannot believe he had the audacity to ask me on a date! Stupid, stupid boy.

I take off my gear and put it away. "I'm going to shower before work. You might want to grab some ice for the Little Prince rolling around back there. I'll see you later."

I know it's a goodbye to Dylan as I passed him and he smiles in return. he was always the more decent out of the two.

And he definitely would have beaten James in a fight.

***
Like and comment
Instagram: lozza03writes