Why do I love Adrien Agreste

"Marinette, tell me one thing. Why do you love Adrien?" The red kwami gently nudged her chosen on the cheek against hers.

"Where did that come from?" Marinette giggled.

"You remember that conversation with Chat Noir this evening, don't you?" Tikki inquired.

"Oh yes. What about that?" The bluenette asked back while tucking herself in her bed, struggling to cover herself with a blanket and her faithful kwami right by her side. Literally.

After finally being able to cover her feet with the considerably short blanket, she smiled at the kwami, urging her to go on.

"You said something back there which really intrigued me, you know." She said still unsure whether to ask her holder or not.

She didn't receive a reply. The said kwami's large bluish purple eyes travelled from their current position on the floor to her friend who was snoring. Indicating her sleepy state.

A light and amused smile found its way onto Tikki's tiny mouth. She found her holder very weird sometimes. But that's typical.
And she liked it.

Kissing her chosen on the cheek, she flew to her little cushion to rest. With Marinette on her mind, she soon fell into a deep slumber.

-timeskip to morning-

"Holy horseshoes, I'm late!" Marinette hastily grabbed a croissant and tripped her way down the stairs.

"I'm okay!" She yelled as she remembered to take Tikki along.

"Bye Mama! Bye Papa!" She landed a kiss on either of their cheeks and ran her way to the school.

"Come to think of it Marinette, it's a good thing your school is right across your house. You wouldn't get any later." Her kwami added a giggle.

"You're right Tikki. This close distance is really saving my butt here." Was the bluenette's reply.

--------

"Marinette, you're late again!" Ms. Bustier mock scolded her.

"Sorry. I-uh- umm, uh, had got my fingers stuck in a bowling ball. Yeah! That's it!" She stammered.

That has to be an award winning excuse. She thought.

"I don't exactly buy that but I'm just going to pretend I do. Anyway, get back to your seat please." Madame Bustier said.

"Sorry." She mumbled.

"Girl, that has to be an award winning excuse." Alya said as she nudged the bluenette in her ribs.

"You don't say Als." Marinette said.

"I'm sorry I'm late!" They heard another voice dashing through the door.

"My homework was eaten by my cat." Adrien said in a perfectly composed way.
If that sentence came from Marinette, it would be taken as a typical all time excuse.
But the difference here, is that Adrien was the one who said it. And in an utterly perfect and convincible way, that even Marinette, the queen of excuses would buy it.

"The two of you are definitely made for each other dude." Nino whispered to the blond as he sat right next to him.

"Shut up Nino, you know Marinette is just a friend." Adrien whispered back as their teacher turned to face the blackboard.

"Whatever." Nino whispered just as a thought entered his mind.

'How the heck did he know I was talking about Marinette?!'

"The two of you are definitely made for each other, girl." Alya said.

"Come on Al, you know Adrien sees me as just a friend." She whispered.