"Sorry Ladybug"

Adrien's POV
Pain.
Pain was all I could feel.
Unbearable pain.
Physically and more, mentally.
All because of, love...
They say, people whom one trusts the most, betray him.
And it was true.
I trusted that person with my life and got betrayed.
And now here I am. Fading away like ashes. Burnt by the flames of betrayal.
~~~~~~~
Flashback
"No stop! It tickles!!!" I laughed as Plagg tickled me. Yup, that kwami could do anything for his precious 'oh so delicious Camembert'. I just fed him a roll of cheese and fifteen minutes later, there he stood, asking for another refill.
For a small size, his stomach could gulp the Eiffel Tower if it were made up of cheese.
I gave him his desired Camembert and retired to my homework. It was kind of Marinette to lend me her notes as I had to take a day off due to my schedule. She kept on blabbering and stuttering but I found it pretty cute.

After a while, I finished the homework, I went down the stairs to the living room and went out, sneakily. I had to return Marinette her notebook so that she could complete her work as well. I sneaked out and hid behind an empty ice cream stall and transformed. With all the cheese I fed Plagg, he shouldn't have groaned. But being the typical Plagg, he did. I went to Marinette's and knocked on the trapdoor.

A few seconds later, she opened the door and greeted me with the ever so sweet smile. She asked me how I happened to come to her place to which, I replied,"Couldn't a knight see his princess?" with a sly wink. She giggled, my heart bubbling with joy whenever she did that and then, to my slight dismay, she said, "I'm not your princess." In between her giggles. A voice in my head, most probably Plagg's told me that, "Idiot, you have a major crush on her. Why can't you accept it?" but I brushed the thought  by thinking that ShE iS JuSt a FrIeNd. 

I talked with her and laughed as we sipped on the hot chocolates and the croissants she brought for us to snack on. See, that is also one of the reasons I love visiting Marinette. Seizing the right moment, I returned her the book. Leading to a enormously confused Marinette but, although she seemed pretty confused, she never asked any questions and waited patiently for me to answer it on my own. That's the thing I love about her. She is always so calm and understanding and patient and she could be the perfect rival for Ladybug as well.

Noting her adorable confused state, I successfully tried to swallow the urge to let out a giggle and told her the reason for bringing the book. "Adrien is a good friend of mine and I know that he was absent the previous day. I thought that to help his claw-fully busy schedule, I could help him return the notebook to its owner. So I brought you your book. And yeah, Adrien thanks you for the help." I lied. I hated lying to one of my best friends but, when it comes to hiding your secret identity, you've gotta do all you could.

An hour later, I bid goodbye to her and left. I entered home through the open window of my room and released the transformation. Rested for a while and then headed towards the dining room for dinner. I had no hopes of seeing my father today as well. He only talked to me when he had to discuss something related to his business. Nothing else. I grew sad day by day. Until one day, it changed for the worse.

I entered my house through the front door and went towards the huge painting of my mom. I gloomily sighed. Letting tears slide down my face. It felt good to cry. Those tears were hidden behind my fake smile and dull eyes. "I miss you mom" I half cried. Choking on my own tears. My father won't even let me cry in front of him. "It can cause dullness to your face and you won't be able to model again." He used to say. I can't believe a father could say something like that to his own son. With so coldness in his voice.Now I was having doubts whether he was my real father or was I adopted.

And to top it all, today was the day my mom disappeared. Exactly one year ago. I remember me and my mom would run in the parks, chasing each other and practice fencing together, for she was a very brave woman. LB reminded me of her. She used to play piano and I used to place my fingers on top of hers and play with her. Those were the good times. And they flew away like the leaves in autumn.

I heard some distant footsteps and immediately hid behind the couch. I saw father entering the room, determination on his face? He headed towards mom's portrait and said "Don't worry Emilie. I will get those miraculous and I will save you!" And he pressed some triangular buttons and disappeared into the earth. Wait. He mentioned miraculous and had a butterfly broach on his upper chest. He was Hawkmoth?! 

I felt a pang of betrayal. My FATHER was HAWKMOTH?! He was the one who caused so much trouble all over Paris?! He evillised hundreds of people and caused so much pain to the two superheroes who were freaking teenagers!

I did not notice the worried look on Plagg's face as a black and purple butterfly consumed my ring. With a single word 'yes' it possessed me as I became the heir of destruction. CAT BLANC.

Cat Blanc POV

I ran across Paris, looking for Ladybug. I had a miraculous to capture. I figured that if I got her miraculous, I could help father bring mom back and then it would be back to normal. She showed up later, immensely worried. 

"Kitty! You don't have to do this! It's me Ladybug!" She cried, dodging my attacks. "Snap out of it!"  She repeated.

A few minutes later, "LUCKY-" I cut her off.

"CATACLYSM!" I shouted and ran towards her.

Wait, what was I doing?! I CAN'T DO THIS TO HER! I LOVE HER! but I realized that too late. I gasped as the cataclysm hit its target and she screamed.

End of flashback~~~~~~~~~~~

I had hit myself so that she would not decay. I felt happy doing this. Atleast I'll die with satisfaction. I died while saving M'lady. She screamed and cried in vain.

And the last thing I heard was, "Please don't leave me alone kitty, I need you, I LOVE YOU!" as I blacked out. Darkness surrounding me like an old friend.

Hiya BUGHEADS!!!!

Sorry if this was a bit sad... I had thought of this ending even BEFORE I started the chapter. If you guys want a part two of it, then, comment it and I'll make it for you. And this book is gonna have a lot of depressing one shots so yeah...

Bug out!

[Why did I use to write in first person again-]
-Pearl, 2021