Chapter 18: Stay With Me

- Trey

Demetri told me how her uncle tried to rape her after her graduation. How her brother started selling drugs, and the struggle she went through to get him to stop. She even told me everything Chris did to her.

I was heated, but I knew there wasn't much I could do now. I use to make drops with Chris back in the day. When I moved, Chris and I met, and he got me in the game.

Long story short, I went off to college, and Chris stayed. He loved the lifestyle, but I didn't.

Me and Demetri sat in a comfortable silence until my phone rang.

FaceTime from Chris? I guess he wanna see Metri.

I gave her the phone and she answered it, and waited for it to connect.

Chris popped up on the screen and he looked hella high.

"Hey bae. Wassup Trey?"

"Nothing mane," I replied.

Chris and Demetri were deep in conversation while I stared off into the distance.

- Demetri

Chris and I were having a conversation when I noticed red lipstick in his neck and collar. I ignored it at first, but then a women walked behind him and started kissing his neck.

"What the fuck Chris?"

"Who is that babe?" the woman asked.

"Nobody babe, go get in the bed."

"Okay daddy," she replied.

Me eyes started to water and I hung up the phone. I'm so done. How stupid could I be? My kidnapper, really?

I couldn't hold it anymore. I cried hysterically.

"What's wrong Metri?" Trey asked.

"He-h-he h-had a-anoth-er w-w-women," I sobbed.

Trey picked me up, rubbed my back, and walked back to the house.

"It's going to be okay. He doesn't realize his mistake."

I shook my head and cried into Trey's chest. He was about to lay me down, but I stopped him.

"Hold me. Please, just hold me," I whispered.

I haven't known Chris that long, but it hurt. I've never felt this way about someone.

Trey grabbed a towel and dried us off as he held me.

"I love you Metri. Always remember that," Trey said as he kissed my forehead.

"You wanna take a shower?" he asked.

I nodded.

He walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on.

"I'll go get you a change of clothes."

"No," I said. "Stay with me."

Trey looked taken back, but he obeyed.

He put me down and I took of my top and bottoms. He took off his swim trunks and followed behind me in the shower.

This isn't the first time we've seen each other naked, so it wasn't really a big deal.

I stood under the shower head and let the steamy water mix with my tears and relax my body. Trey hugged me and I cried till I couldn't cry anymore.

- Trey

It hurt me to see Demetri so hurt. She always was the type to fall for the wrong kind, but I've never seen her cry like this.

I held her as tight as I could. I wanted to do more to her, but I'd hate myself if I room advantage of her.

She clung to me tight as I turned the water off and picked her up. I grabbed a towel and wrapped her in it, laying her on the bed.

I changed into a pair of basketball shorts, grabbed Demetri one of my shirts, and a pair of underwear. I dried her off and got her dressed. I even brushed her hair into a ponytail.

She'd stopped crying, but she was still trying to catch her breath. My poor babe. I'ma kill that nigga when I see him.

I turned off the lights, closed the blinds, and snuggled up in bed with Demetri.

She climbed on top of me and laid on my chest. I knew she could feel how stiff my "friend" was and it was killing me.

"Thank you," she said as she pecked my chest.

I bit my lip, "For what?"

"Loving me and holding me. You're all I need and I'll never let go," she whispered as she drifted off to sleep.

I grinned and closed my eyes.

She's most definitely going to be mine.

: : : : : :

Author 💁: Another chapter what ya think? I gets no feedback anymore 😢. I guess y'all don't love me. It's all good though. I have faith that y'all like this book. Anyways...Trey and Demtri? I kind of like it. Next chapter, just wait on it 😈!