Chapter 25: Did You Miss Me ?

- Demetri

I've been with Chris for a few hours now and he keeps getting calls from this "Boss" guy. I really don't care who it is, I just want to get away from here.

Chris: "Come here babe."

"No", I replied without even looking his way.

"Get yo ass over here now," Chris yelled.

I didn't say anything, I just walked over to the other couch where Chris was sitting. He pulled me into his lap so that he was holding me from behind.

"Why do you have to make me yell at you babe?" Chris asked as he kissed my neck.

"I don't know," I mumbled looking at my nails.

"Boss isn't gonna hurt you babe, I wouldn't let him if he tried. He just wants to talk."

"How do you know that? What do you even know about him?" I questioned.

"I don't know much but I don't think he would hurt you. He doesn't have a reason to," Chris replies.

"Promise?" I asked as I looked up at him with my best puppy dog eyes.

"Promise," he replied as he kissed my forehead.

I still have a weakness for this nigga.

- Boss

I been sitting outside this house for a while thinking about how I'm going to approach this situation. See Demetri was given to me as a payback from previous debts.

I arranged for us to be married a week later. She was only 16 at the time but with the signature of her parents she was legally my wife.

I was 43 at the time. She was young, beautiful, and exactly what I needed in my life. She ran away 4 years later but, I never stopped searching.

I never understood why she ran away. She had money, clothes, cars, anything she asked for. I spoiled her with my all but, she betrayed me.

I guess it's time to settle this.

- Demetri

There was a knock at the door and Chris went to answer it.

"It's about time nigga," I heard Chris say from a distance.

"It's them Mexicans man. They trying to hold out on a nigga." I heard an oddly familiar voice reply.

Chris walked into the room and the person behind him had his head down. He was tall, dark, and very fit. He looked up and my life flashed before my eyes. He looks as if he never aged past 30.

How did he find me?

"Daniel?" I said taken back by his appearance.

"Did you miss me babygirl?" He questioned.

: : : : : :

Author 💁🏽: It's been a long time. Short chapter but, enjoy. I might finish this off soon and start a new book. I'm not in love with this one but I have lots of ideas for a new one. Next chapter, just wait on it 😈.