21 - Change

Since the incident in Daegu. Jungkook is slowly changing. He tries to stay longer in house. He tries to initiate talking to Seokjin. He prepares the breakfast for them, asking Seokjin to eat along with him. Things are slowly getting better and Seokjin notices that.

"You don't have to avoid me anymore"

he says when they're sitting down at the dining table.

Seokjin wants to get out fast from his house but his husband asked him to sit on the dining table and he obeyed.

It's awkward, it's been three weeks since they left Daegu but why everything seems more awkward than it used to be.

Jungkook hands him the plate for the pancake before offering him one piece of the floury mix. It's somehow slightly burnt, the piece is not in perfectly circle but he sees the effort. Jungkook tried so hard to prepare the food for him and he appreciates it.

He stops cutting the piece, shocked over the words.

"What..what do you mean?"

He looks at him. Confused.

"I mean..y- you don't have to avoid me anymore."

Jungkook stutters, it's not easy for him.

"You don't have to get out earlier from me early in the morning or coming home late at night just to avoid me. Just make it as usual. You can cook as you always did. I know you love to eat homemade meals. You can stock up the cabinet or the fridge with anything you love. Just.. just don't avoid me anymore."

Seokjin is speechless.

"But you hat-"

"No, I don't hate you. Please Seokjin. I'm trying here. I know that I said I hate you, I know that I hurt you with my actions, I know that I beat you..

he chokes up, voice stucked in his throat, remembering the deeds he did towards Seokjin.

I'm too lost in my anger that I beat you until you're hospitalised."

He looks at Seokjin, face laced with sorry and worries. Hands fiddles on top of the table.

"I know this is not easy for us but can we..can we just try to act civil with each other? You can ignore me but please, maybe let's do this for mom and dad?"

He knows the words. He used to listen to the similar sentence. It's the one that Seokjin often begged him to.

"Jeon Jungkook~ssi, I know you hate this marriage. I don't know what makes you to agree with this but can we please at least make it more civil between us?"

His husband's voice echoes in his mind, slapping him with the same thoughts and memories. Now he feels it, how it's not easy for Seokjin. How he remembers the other's face was all afraid asking him to at least treat him better.

"But why so sudden? I don't understand. I know you hate me since the beginning of this marriage Jungkook. I know you're mad in love with Jimin and I am the third person in your love story.
Don't try to pull this act on me Jeon Jungkook, it's not funny. I'm not a ball to be kicked around here and there by you."

Seokjin doesn't understand this sudden changes in Jungkook. He's not that fragile to believe him especially when the other is still in love and in contact with Jimin.

Truthfully Seokjin is afraid, afraid of falling in love again but left with his heart shattered with fake promises and to be left alone. He doesn't think he can handle this twice. He is not ready to get his heart broken after he has slowly stitched it up strong. He cannot imagine that.

"But I understand, if you insist I will act as usual as you want to. I will try to be better in my part too and it's fine, you can ignore me as you always did. You can continue meeting Jimin. I'm used to that"

his heart shrinks.

"but one thing Jungkook, I don't know what kind of tricks you're pushing me into but just so you know I'm not that easy to be played around. You don't get to earn my trust to end up crushing it back again. Please don't do this to me. Thank you for at least trying. Thank you for the breakfast too."

He stands up quick from the tool, feeling his heart constricted with pent up emotions and confusions.

Should he believe this Jungkook?

ㄱㅅ
Should Seokjin believe Jungkook?

Short update but don't worry more to come. Thank you for your support. I hope this pace is okay so far. ^^