13 - Distracted

It's a day before Faith 20th Family Day. This time they will organize the event outside of of Faith's main HQ and they chose Faith House in Daegu as their venue.

This is also first time after years Seokjin had last step his foot into the district. Mr. Jeon purposely asked their staff to book hotel for all of them, obviously from Mrs. Jeon's idea. One room for him and his wife, one for Jungkook and Seokjin and the rest of rooms for Faith's principal and their staffs.

Seokjin knows he can't avoid this.  As much as he hates to go to Daegu he has to prioritise his parents and Faith. And to add to his discomfort he has to stay with his husband in the same room. Of course, it's normal when you're legal husbands you have to stay together, of course husbands should not be this awkward when staying in the same room.

But why now, one keeps standing and the other is sitting uncomfortably on the couch as if they are strangers. It should not be like this if only they're husbands that civil with each other but obviously not in the case of Seokjin and Jungkook.

"So we're staying here for 3 days"

Jungkook starts the conversation. Air of awkwardness fills the room. His eyes staring everywhere but Seokjin. Mom obviously did this on purpose he thought but nevermind not that he's not used living with Seokjin, they are living under the same roof except they act like housemates?

Okay, no wonder both of them don't know how to react.

Jungkook wishes the day is moving fast. The room is feeling hot suddenly.

"I know and I'm sorry you had to stay in one room with me"

Seokjin says, minds distracted since he arrived this morning. He doesn't think he will be having fun enough being here. Daegu keeps so much memories and pain for him. He wishes he can be calm throughout his stay. He stands and passes by Jungkook to take his luggage at the front door.

"Don't worry, I'll sleep in the couch as usual. You can have the room." Seokjin continues.

Their room is a suite room with one main bedroom, kitchen, closet, bathroom and small living hall with long white couch in the middle of it. Seokjin will be sleeping there this upcoming 3 days and 2 nights, knowing Jungkook enough not to bother him. He is too tired to bicker with him either ways. That is their common sleeping arrangement whenever they sleep in their parent's house so Seokjin is already used to it.

Jungkook wants to answer him when his phone suddenly ringing.

"Hello, yes Jimin"

he answers the caller while walking to the room. The name itself makes Seokjin's heart hurts. Of course it will always be him. Jungkook and Jimin are so lovey dovey with each other it makes him sick. The day Jimin confronted him in his office, he knew he will be coming home facing an angry Jungkook.

< flashback to that day >

"I see you met Jimin? What are you trying to do?"

Jungkook snapped at him as soon as he came home.

"I didn't do anything."

He answered tiredly. What kind of drama plot Jimin told him that the guy was so mad.

Jungkook walked to him and harshly grabbed his wrist, eyes red with anger. The grip was so strong Seokjin couldn't let it go from his hand.

"If you didn't do anything, how does he got hurt? How dare you to touch him Kim Seokjin?"

Seokjin still resisted to pull his hand away from the grip. Of course Jimin would lie and this idiot husband of his would blindly believe him.

"Let my hand go, Jungkook. You're hurting me!"

"Answer me. Why did your hurt him? Why you attack Park Jimin?"

Seokjin was annoyed. He was tired, he was dumbfounded, he was sick with their game. One final hard tug and he pulled his wrist from Jungkook's large hand. The red marks appeared fast on his delicate small wrist.

"If I answer you Jeon Jungkook, will you believe at me?"

he stared at Jungkook responding to the anger glinted from the other's eyes. Jungkook stopped. Forehead wrinkled with dilemma.

"Obviously you won't and you expect me to tell you? Ask your lover where we met Jeon Jungkook if it's not at my office, ask him what he did there-"

he unzipped his bag, grabbed the flower n gift box Jimin gave to him and throw them at Jungkook's chest before continue

"What he did giving these things to me, mockingly congratulate me for our wedding, ask your so called sweetheart if I ever touched his skin or his hair at the slightest because you can clearly see it from my office's cctv. I will gladly show you Jeon Jungkook!"

Seokjin touched his now red wrist and moved in front of Jungkook, they were only inches with each other. He held up his injured wrist showing it right in front of Jungkook's eyes, glaring at him daringly before spoken up

"Don't you dare to touch me Jeon Jungkook. One more time you did this to me, I will never hesitate to file you for domestic abuse. I dare you. Tell your lover don't ever show up in front of me, you guys can continue with your bullshit behind me but don't ever include me with your life."

He snapped at frozen Jungkook and walked away from there hiding the tears that almost peeking out. He has to be strong. Not Jungkook neither Jimin can hurt him.

Be strong Kim Seokjin. You have to be!!!

< present >

Seokjin changes his clothes into a casual one before laying down on the couch not feeling too well. Blame it maybe on the car sickness or his gastritis but he really cannot eat anything right now or he will throw up terribly. He gulps down one paracetamol before sleeping it off hoping he will get better tomorrow.

Jungkook is already 20 minutes on the phone with Jimin when the other finally hang up. Jimin will join the event tomorrow after he had done with his photoshoot. The other said he missed him so much he can't wait to meet Jungkook and the others.

He walks out his room to get his duffle bag before noticing Seokjin is sleeping not so comfortably on the couch. He's actually wanted to tell him to use the room, after all he planned not to stay the nights here. He already booked a room in a different hotel for Jimin and they're going to stay together.

******

Its 7pm and the last meal they had was the late lunch  4 hours ago before Jungkook drives his parents and Seokjin to Daegu which is about 3 hours from Seoul.

Jungkook is kind of hungry now but seeing the other is sleeping he only calls for a room service and leaves one set for Seokjin remembering the other only eats two pieces of bread for his lunch saying he didn't have appetite.

Feeling slightly guilty seeing the other sleeping on the couch, he carries his light body and lays him down the bed before covering Seokjin's shivering body with blanket. The skin is warm. He wonder if he's caught on fever.

Jungkook didn't notice what time he's fallen asleep beside Seokjin with his hands draping the cold towel on Seokjin's forehead but one thing he notices, it's oddly comfortable being there.

ㄱㅅ
You hype me so much for this story. I'm happy you like Seokjin's character but Jeon Jungkook is one complicated man. I'm sorry for Seokjin ;(('
What do you think happened in Daegu? Thank you for your support. Love it^^