seventeen.

craig:

i bring the cup to my lips as jay acts like a doofus, which almost makes me spit out my drink, "you're such a fucking idiot," i chuckle.

"fuck you too," he laughs, downing the last drops of beer, he looks at his watch, "we need to head to the living room because 'mother-tucker' is going to show us who's written on his shoulders."

"okidoki!" i slide of the counter, still holding the almost full cup, "do you need a refill?"

"i'll keep a spot for you," jay winks, giving me a cup, "see ya, bitch."

i walk to the kitchen which is completely empty, i fill his cup with beer and i bring a bag of chips. i hurry out again, holding two cups. the lights are out and everyone's standing or sitting down, party lights are shining. jay waves at me and waltz over to him, everyone's chatting or laughing.

"jake should come out soon, craigory," he digs his hand into the chips, "are you ready?"

"i can't wait till he'll be happy."

"you're too sweet."

the door opens slightly and sam peeks out, he looks around the room and he smiles at me, i smile back and he pops his head back in.

"does sam already know who's on his back?" he shakes his head.

"how many people do you think want to be his soulmate in this room?"

"from the top of my head?" he thinks, "5."

i grimace, jay pats my back, "fuck--"

"you're gonna be okay, craig," he squeezes my shoulder, "calm down, okay? i'm here, don't worry," i nod as i gulp.

-

jake opens the door and he walks out, "ladies and gentlemen, fuckers and motherfuckers," everyone laughs and he continues, "we are all here today to celebrate sam tucker's soulmate!" everyone claps.

"however!" everyone stays quiet, "we have a couple of rules that are taken very strictly for leopold's sake," jake motions to leo, who's manning a spotlight, in the back.

"rule uno, no fighting or throwing things. rule dos, please don't cry, you'll have your soulmate soon," as jake says that i feel okay, he looks at me, directly at me, "rule tres, grant sam's soulmate wishes, whether they are here or not."

"can we have sam stand with me?" jake announces, the door creaks open and sam steps out, confident, "we have the man of the hour!" everyone cheers and claps for sam, he smiles and waves. ruth steps out with a letter.

"first," jake announces again, "we have a speech from ruth green and then from jay micheals, craig scott and then from the best friend of sam tucker, moi!" i feel myself freeze i look at jay and he nods, giving me a paper.

"you got this."

ruth clears his throat as he steps next to sam, placing his hand on his shoulder, "sam, sam tucker is a great guy, i remember as if it was yesterday that i arrived in second grade and we fought," sam laughs and everyone does too, "regardless, you are my best friend and i only wish luck for you and your soulmate man, i love you, bro," they hug it out, jay walks to the front.

"thank you, redhead-- i mean, ruth!" jake claps, everyone does too, "next we have jay-jay."

"sam tucker," jay shakes his head as he wraps his arm around him, "man, you are short," everyone bursts out into laughter, "we've had great times when we were younger and we still will have a lot after you reveal the lucky one, i hope you realise this means a lot to you and that you're not going to act like the douche-bag you are to whoever is on your back, hope you'll have a great 17th year of life, bro," they both laugh and everyone claps.