seven.

craig:

"i hope rox and jake will be okay," i sigh, scribbling some notes on my paper, jay shrugs, "actually, i think jake has rolled more blunts than roxanne has kissed guys."

"r-r-roast," he chuckles, tracing the words in the book with his fingers, "this is so shit, assessments for the weekend? fuck school."

"i'm kinda looking forward to a party, life's been pretty fucking boring without the shit you guys pull," i admit, and there's absolutely no other reason than that.

"uh-huh, craigory," he reads a sentence before writing down some notes and putting them in a word document, "do you want me to share this?" i nod, as i flip through my notes. the teacher is leaning back in his chair as he looks around the classroom.

"who'd you invite?" i ask him as i put down my pen to look at him, "some chicks?" i try to sound convincing but he shakes his head.

"you can't hide the fact you're gay, craig, give it up," i roll my eyes as he chuckles, "kyle actually put together the invites, sam had, like, no say in this, at all."

"anyways..." i encourage him to tell me who they invited, "it's not like i'm going to beat you up for it or anything," he nods and i see him count on his fingers.

"we have; roxanne, nicole, bridgett, kylie, jake, leo, aaron, jesse, you and myself," he tells me, "and obviously sam tucker."

"you're inviting jesse and aaron?" i tilt my head as i frown.

"did you know sam was against inviting your ex?" jay says, "he seemed pretty serious about it, like as if he knew what jesse did to you. did you tell him? because you were all like 'i won't tell anyone except you' to me, leo and ruth."

"i-i didn't tell him," i stutter, "did you?" we both look at sam, he's talking to jake, he looks at me and raises a single eyebrow, i mouth 'talk to me outside later', before turning back to jay. "maybe i should tell him, jay."

"why?" jay narrows his eyes, "what the fuck aren't you telling me about him?" i look back to my notes and i continue scribbling, hoping that the day would go by faster. the teacher stops looking towards us after i stopped talking to jay, but i feel him tap my shoulder which makes me look at him, he hands me a note.

whats up? did you tell him or something? it's not like i care that much, but i dont know if tucker can keep a secret tbh. i just don't want you to be hurt again.

i look at him and i smile, weakly. before writing back to him.

i didnt tell him, but i did in like small hints n stuff. tbf hes like the last person i would tell right now, i feel that hes getting it tho. 

i pass him the notes, his eyes trace the words on the sheet of paper.

thats good but remember how you and jesse were? you told him, arent you scared jesse snitched??? 

i shrug as i look at him, i put my pen on the paper as i think about what i'm going to write.

i dont want to tell him about my mom jay. the fact that he didn't notice the

"jay and craig, get back to work!" the teacher exclaims, we both nod and murmur 'sorry' before continuing with our work. i sigh as i look at the note i hid under my booklet. "15 minutes to have your notes prepared for the weekend!"

sam:

i wait outside of the classroom for craig, i run my hands through my brown hair as i make eye contact with jesse. he just smiles, looking at me while digging his hands in his pockets. i narrow my eyes as he simply walks away, leaving me with a frown on my face.

"sam?" i dart my eyes over to the smaller senior, "we need to talk about something, something you might know about," i nod, following craig the lockers in front of our last period class. he sighs as he leans against the wall.

"what's up?" i say, nonchalantly.

"what do you know about my parents?" he asks me, while looking me dead in the eye, "and don't say nothing because i know you do."

"what do you mean?" i ask him, rubbing my arm.

"did anyone tell you about the relationship between me and my family?" he phrases the question differently, i feel my palms sweat as i look at him and, because the douchebag that i am, i shrug looking at him.

"why do you think i know about your family?" i eye him down, he looks away, taken aback, "i'm sorry--"

"why are you apologizing if you don't know anything, sam?" he doesn't look at me, "just tell me the truth, did anyone tell you about the relationship between me and my parents, because that determines if i should tell you more or not."

"jesse."

"then i won't tell you anything."

he turns away and he walks to jay, he starts ranting to him his lips forming a straight line and his brown eyes narrowing. he clenches his fists as he nods, craig clearly finished ranting by the way jay made his way to me.

"you."

"me."

"when did 'he' tell you?" jay gets straight to the point, leo is behind him with the same expression, i look away.

"answer him, sam," leo begs me, "you don't want to get involved with the cold war between jesse and craig, you should see how jesse's information--"

"shut up, leo," jay snaps, "he doesn't know about that, do you?" he looks back at me, for being one of the tallest in school, jay's african descent surely helped him. he's about a couple of inches taller than me and fucking terrifying if he's pissed, but my douchebag monotone facade hides my absolute terror.

i look at him, "are you talking about the scars on craig's thighs?" i tilt my head, "are you talking about the bruising on his arms from his dad's drunken nights? jesse told me everything, everything. do you know why? huh? i asked for it, i was scared, jay, terrified by craig's--"

"appearance," jay and i say, simultaneously.

jay steps away and he turns to craig, who's basically as pale as a ghost. jay nods and craig starts crying, leo snarls at me before trying to console craig. but he runs away after dropping his bag on the tiled floor, ruth, jake, kyle, jay and leo all look at me. i'm just wide eyed, silent and guilty. 

"i hope you're happy, tucker," jay picks up the dropped bag, "can you run after him, leo?" leo nods, sprinting after the fading footsteps. leo's fucking fast so that shouldn't be hard. jake slaunters towards me, his hands in his baggy jeans. the class is still happily talking, the teacher's late, again. nobody noticed, except the people who weren't supposed to. 

"fuck you, sam, fuck you," ruth flips me off as he pushes the hair out of his face, jay walks to ruth and he places the bag on the floor. i nod, still unsure of what just happened. jake raises his cut eyebrows.

"you should probably talk to him," jake suggests, "i'll hold ya bag," i fist bump him before running to the bathroom, where all people go to cry. even i did, in junior year, when kylie dumped me. i open the door slowly and i see all leo and craig on the floor. leo's arm wrapped around his shoulder as craig cries, silently but visibly.