fifteen.

craig:

( mention of abuse but not too severe! )

i was fourteen when it all started. fourteen.

i guess i never realized how much it would damage me later on in my life, but now i just wished i did. 

i was fifteen we he started hurling words at me, i was fifteen when she started hurting me. i was fifteen when i realized lynn received it too.

i was fifteen when i realized how much i hated my foster parents.

i'm sixteen now, it's gotten less because they realized how much i've grown. i can take every word- every punch. but i can't take it when they even come close to lynn, i've warned them before. 

"don't touch her!"

i got hit, spat at, but she was left alone.

"lynn, you don't understand, i can't."

lynn is mute and she has almost white, straight hair, she's the opposite of me. i have black, wavy hair and i'm emotionally loud. my mom used to call us yin and yang. 

oh god, my mom.

she was gorgeous, sweet, caring and smart. my dad was strong but he cried when he realized they couldn't support us anymore. nobody knows that i'm a foster child, they don't have to know. 

i have to call them mom and dad. 

so nobody can tell that's something's wrong.

i don't want anyone to worry about me.

leo;

jay;

ruth;

friends;

teachers;

strangers;

sam;

sam tucker;

SAM.

-

i shake my head, escaping my train of thought as i realize i'm standing in front of my mirror. butt naked. getting dressed for the party that starts in an hour. ruth's coming to pick me up in 30 minutes so we can gets some extra plates and cups. i sigh, opening my closet, staring at my plain clothes in my drawers and on the clothes rack. i pick up my red flannel and my black, ripped jeans. i run my hand through my hair and i decide not to put any gel into it.

"oi, craigory!" i hear someone shout, i walk to my window and i see ruth standing on my porch, "coming?'

"one second, dick!" i flip him off and i close my closet and i turn off the lights. i close my door and i hurry downstairs picking up my phone, wallet and keys. lynn's at a friend's for the night and my parents aren't home. i meet ruth outside of my gate with his car.

"'sup fag?"

"you look like a 300-year-old granny," i chuckle, ruth rolls his eyes, "i'm kidding, can we just get going?"

"got the heebies jeebies, craigster?" he winks, "hoping that your second party will go well?"

"don't remind me of the first."

we laugh as we step into his car and we drive to the convenience store close to leo's house. ruth stays by the car as i walk into the store to get the cups and plates, i grab the plastic ones and i whip out my wallet as i head to the register. i quickly head back with the plastic bag in my hand and i slide into the passenger seat and ruth starts the car.

"when we're there i'm going to challenge you for a game of beer pong."

"okay."

"i'm going to beat you."

"in your fucking dreams."

"shut up, 'low-alcohol-tolerance-having' ass."

we pull up to leo's drive way and it's full with cars, bikes and people chilling. the wind blows my hair across my face as we walk up to the door. leo opens it.

"motherfuckers!"

"bitch!" i chuckle, he walks with us into the kitchen as we put the plates down, "how's my man?" i fist bump him, he shrugs.

"busy, you guys should've come earlier."

"sorry man," ruth chips in, "mr "i don't drink" took forever."

"funny," i stretch, "where's a bathroom i can use?"

"there are a couple upstairs, don't go into the first one because rox and jake are doing god-knows-what in there," he nods as i roll my eyes.

"hola amigos," jay slips into the kitchen, "oh, craig, sam is looking for you," he says after we do our handshake. 

"oooh!" leo claps his hands, "better get to it, craigory," i flip him off before hurrying up the stairs, when i walk past the first bathroom, i hear jake laugh and roxanne giggle. 

"wear protection!" i say.

"shut up, craig!" i hear jake respond as i walk to another bathroom. i walk out of the bathroom when i'm done and i head downstairs, trying to locate emerald green eyes and tanned skin with brown hair in the sea of people. i give up and i walk back to the kitchen, i see they set up the beer pong table.

"time to lose, dickhead," i chuckle as i play against ruth, he smirks.

of course, i win.

but since it's only the beginning of the evening, we replaced the beer with water. that's why ruth called leo a pussy.

"you're just salty you lost, redhead," jay backs me up.

"nice game," i hear behind me, i turn around to face sam who's leaning against the door post, "i didn't know you played," i feel my cheeks burn red, but since the room is darkened, i hope he can't see it. 

"craig, the wild card," jake walks in with roxanne behind him.

"had fun?" i smirk.

"craig's just mad 'cause he can't get that type of action," roxanne applies her lipgloss, "bitch," i clap my hands amazed.

"we can change that you know?" ruth wiggles his eyebrows as he points at sam and then at me, "fuck."

"wow," sam rolls his eyes, "honestly ruth, last time i checked, you never even had "the sex", even craig is less innocent than you are."

multiple 'ooooh's are heard as tucker drops another come-back. i step away from our group to talk to sam, "looking for me?" sam nods, looking at his drink, "what's up?"

"you know i still haven't checked the tattoo right?" i nod as he continues talking, "when should i you know reveal?"

"midnight seems chill," we walk out to the porch to sit under the stars, "i think this might be a good time to tell you things that you, 100% sure, don't know."

"i'll do the same."