Chapter 25 - Birthday

Start from the beginning

"Okay if you said like that. You're blushing," Jungkook smirked and commented teasingly at her which made her slightly bowed to hide her flushing face.

"I'm not," she pouted and how Jungkook wished to kiss the pouting lips.

"It's fine, you look pretty anyways," his body vibrated from his own laugh and she could not contain her own smile.

"I'm sorry to disturb your sweet moments but Jin was calling for you guys since forever. He wants you to witness the moment Jisoo and him cut the cake. Officiate the opening he said," both of them faced the intruder and Chaeyoung noticed the teasing grin on Lisa's face. "Jungkook, right? I'm Lisa, Chaeyoung's friend and currently her housemate. Nice to meet you. She told me a lot about you," Lisa smugly smiled and Chaeyoung widened her eyes at her statement.

Before Chaeyoung could say anything, Lisa went back inside the restaurant leaving both of them alone and she swore she saw teasing grin before she left. "I'm sorry for that. Lisa could say nonsense sometimes," Chaeyoung laughed nervously.

"You told her about me? Mhmm..interesting," Jungkook said in an interested tone and she instantly hoped that there would be a hole which she could buried herself into.

"Aishh," Chaeyoung broke off their stance and immediately leaving him when he pulled her wrist causing her pace to stop. Jungkook walked towards her, closing their gaps and spun her body to face him.

"I'm glad you did that," he smiled sincerely with no hint of teasing and Chaeyoung could feel her cheeks flushed again. "As long as I want to kiss you and have you all by myself right here and right now, I'm afraid we have to walk inside because Jin-hyung will be mad if we're not there," he chuckled before intertwining their hands together and pulled her inside the restaurant. Chaeyoung looked at their intertwined hands and she could not help but smile when she felt how perfectly his hands fitted in hers.

It was nearly dusk when both of Lisa and Chaeyoung went inside their house, sloppily walked towards their couch before plopping themselves onto it.

"Such a day. I never thought that eating could be so tiring." Lisa whined before sitting up straight and faced Chaeyoung who was closing her eyes. "I never knew that Jungkook guy is such a fine guy. Surely you talked about him but seeing him closely made me realize what a nice catch you got there, Chaeng."

Chaeyoung shoot her eyes open and sit up abruptly before throwing Lisa a glare. "Why would you even said that to him. I was so ashamed you know," Chaeyoung said unsatisfied with her attributes.

"What? I was telling the truth," Lisa rolled her eyes but the teasing smile never left her face.

"But still..ughh, never mind," Chaeyoung stood up and took her bag before ascended the stairs, stopping in the middle of her way, "no breakfast for you tomorrow, Pranpiya." She walked upstairs with a satisfied smile on her face hearing Lisa whining telling her how could she do that to her own best friend.

Chaeyoung had finished her skincare routine when her phone suddenly beeped. She climbed onto her bed and took her phone to have a look. Sudden messages from Jungkook made her beamed with delight.

Are you free tomorrow?

I think I am. Why?

I'm thinking of bringing you out. Maybe we can eat something good or watch some movies :) We can stroll at Han's River afterwards.

Sure.

Okay. Make sure to wear something nice. I'll pick you up at 8 pm :))

Okay Jungkook. Good night.

Good night.

She put her phone on the table by her bed and she pulled her blanket until it reached her chin. Silence consumed her surroundings until she could only hear the sound of her own heartbeats. She did not realize when but slowly her eyes fell close and she drifted into a deep slumber.