Chapter 21 - Barbeque

"Thank you for the treat," Taehyung licked his remaining ice cream while holding the plastic bag full of ingredients for their barbeque. They were put at the back of the car and he drove them back to the campsite.

"The weather seems cloudy, right? Is it possible to have our barbeque tonight?" Chaeyoung looked outside of the window, observing the sky which could pour its content at any time.

"Yeah it is. But let's hope it will not rain. But if it rains, then let's hope it will not last long," Taehyung reassured her as his view stuck at the front, wanting to make a turn.

Suddenly, tiny droplets of water fell, steady and soft, falling from the greyish sky quenching the dry soil and puddles of water gradually formed.

"Yahh, it's raining," Chaeyoung pouted, "how can we make barbeque if it's raining?"

"Haha, let it be. It will stop soon, I know." Taehyung smiled upon seeing the faces she made throughout the ride.

"Okay, I believe in you. Because your words always become true," she giggled.

Out of the blue, Taehyung stopped his car at a park and he got off, walking in the rain. He stood in the middle of the park and spread both of his arms while facing up. He closed his eyes, letting the droplets of rain washed his face as if carrying his emotion away with each drop. That act made Chaeyoung grew panic as she took an umbrella from the back seat and quickly got off from the car, approaching him who seemed to be lost in his own world.

"Yah Tae, you gonna get sick!" She said with higher octave to fight with the sound of rain gushing onto the earth.

Taehyung opened his eyes and gave her a faint smile, "I won't."

In no time, she stood in front of him, protecting him from the rain with the umbrella she held, getting closer to him to avoid the rain. In this close proximity, both of their eyes seemed to gravitate towards each other, letting the unspoken words to be conveyed. Taehyung held the umbrella engulfing her small hand in his, sending sparks in both of their bodies. He took the umbrella and put it aside, causing Chaeyoung to yelp and widened her eyes at him.

"What are you doing? We can get sick," she tried to cover both of them with her hands and that action made him laugh seeing how cute she was.

"It's only for a while. Don't worry much about it," Taehyung took both of her hands and held them closer to his chest. A faint blush slowly made it way towards her cheeks. Taehyung looked different, their situation made it sensational as the rain drenched them up making their dry hair to be wet and as their clothes stuck to their bodies, sending different messages to her heart.

"Come here," he made her took a step to the front, clasping her left hand with his right one, twirling her around.

"What are you doing, Tae?" She let out a chuckle but followed his action nevertheless.

"Dancing," he replied shortly.

"Really? In the rain?" She let out a small laugh.

"Mhmm, indeed," he carried her across the park, so they continued to dance and spin.

"Without music?" She continued to ask.

"Can't you hear that? There is music," he laughed softly, the deep voice rang in her ears.

Surprisingly, he started humming a song, a song they were both familiar of, The Way You Look at Me.