Chapter 25 - Birthday

**Play the song at the end of the chapter**

The event went well and Chaeyoung was delighted to see Jisoo's dream finally came true. She owned her own restaurant with her boyfriend and most importantly she has someone whom she loved dearly by her side. Her thought suddenly went towards the man who managed to stir up her emotions lately and she wondered if he has been healthy by now.

"I'll be going to the back, okay?" Chaeyoung excused herself to the back as she needed air and seeing how her friends were preoccupied with conversations in which failed to catch her interest. It urged her to have her own space. Chaeyoung went to the back of the restaurant which made a smile decorated her face. The flowers at the back were indeed a good distraction as she was set apart from indulging in her own thought to admire how beautiful those sunflowers were.

She might heard wrongly as there were louder voices reverberated from the restaurant as if someone important had arrived at the scene but she shrugged it off. Having no intention of going back inside as she inhaled the fresh scent of air wafting in her surroundings.

"Pretty isn't it?" A low voice greeted her and she spun her body almost immediately to see Jungkook standing behind her closely. He was staring at those sunflowers she was admiring just now with a small smile on his perfectly sculptured face.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here?"

"I think I should be the one to ask the question," he let out a chuckle before he continued, "Jin-hyung invited me to this event. I mean this is one of his important days after all," he said while observing Chaeyoung's expression. How he missed the face in front of him right now.

"You know, we're friends since university, including those who he invited just now. The group of guys with JImin-hyung?" Jungkook finished off his words before he asked her questions.

"How about you, Chae? What are you doing here?"

"Ohh, that. Jisoo-unnie is one of my best friends so we came here to congratulate her," Chaeyoung answered his question with a proud smile.

"Really? She's Jin-hyung girlfriend too apart from that. How small this world is," Jungkook grinned amusingly.

"Yeah this world is surely small," Chaeyoung agreed with a subtle smile. "By the way, how's your fever? Is it gone?"

"I'm perfectly fine right now. Thanks to you," he smiled while staring down at her. "I've been missing you," Jungkook suddenly confessed with that stare that made her heart flipped uncontrollably inside her rib cage and she was afraid it would jumped out at any moment.

She's been missing him too.

But those words were left unspoken and she only could stare back into his enticing brown orbs, hoping he would understand her feelings. Jungkook has been very vocal since the beginning and she seemed to be already accustomed to his presence around her. Truthfully she was afraid to let herself fell deeper because a certain someone seemed to fight for her way to win over him and what if she managed to do that?

"Chaeyoung? Are you alright? You seemed troubled," Jungkook cupped her small face into both of his warm hands and she let herself found comfort in his warmness. His face shown nothing apart from worries and cared and she was feeling guilty to let the man in front of her frowned with those emotions.

"I'm okay. It just there are a lot of things wandered inside my head right now," she caressed his hand that was firmly placed at her face, ensuring him with her smile.

"Are you sure? You could tell me anything," he stayed in that position and Chayeoung bit her lower lips in advance.

"I'm sure and don't worry, I'll be fine," she gazed into his eyes and her heart fluttered. The close proximity was making her body tingled in heat and jittery. She was sure her face was a blushing mess in the moment.