Chapter 22 - Confront

The barbeque ended in success although the activity was temporarily stopped due to Taehyung being injured. The students started to behave as they were feeling guilty due to the commotion occurred. The student's parents who had bumped into Chaeyoung endlessly asked for forgiveness due to their child's act. However, Chaeyoung had let the matter passed in accord as it was purely an accident and the children were too precious to be punished hard. In spite, having them realized it was their fault was enough because at least they know it was not supposed to be done.

Taehyung had already slept after he was being treated, might due to tiredness of fighting the pain from the burn, partly due to the medicine he took. Chaeyoung had been checking on him from time to time as the event progressed to make sure he was alright, but seeing how calm he slept made her stay composed. It was nearly midnight when all the equipment were fully cleaned and the place was thoroughly cleared. Most of the students and the teachers as well as the parents had already gone to sleep due to exhaustion and feeling full leaving only few of them to make final checkup.

"Chaeyoung, is Taehyung fine?" Jaehyun asked with concern.

"Yeah he's fine. He's sleeping," she replied with a smile.

"Thank God, he's fine. Was his injury bad?" he continued to ask as he yawned.

"It was not that bad as it is most likely first degree burn. You seem sleepy, Jae. You should go to sleep. Let me manage the rest," Chaeyoung offered seeing how the guy beside her kept on yawning.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, the only thing left is to put the grill back at the backyard. I also have Jungkook with me, so it should be fine," Chaeyoung said as her eyes searched for Jungkook.

"Then, I'll leave it to you and Jungkook. It seems only both of you left. Taeyong and Jihyo had already left," he said with sleepy eyes.

Chaeyoung let out a small laugh seeing his state,"it's okay, now go."

"Okay. Jungkook, I'll be going first," Jaehyun shouted, not too loud as the rest of the participants seemed to be asleep.

"Okay. Good night, Jaehyun," Jungkook said as he walked towards them.

"Good night," with that Jaehyun left, leaving only Jungkook and Chaeyoung at the barbeque area.

Jungkook went to help Chaeyoung as he saw her struggled to lift the grill, "Chae, you should go to sleep. Let me settle this. Just want to carry this to the back right?"

"Yeah, that's right," she nodded as Jungkook lifted the grill with an ease.

"So, good night?" Chaeyoung said, rather in a questioning tone because she seemed to realize both of them rarely talked during this camp after the incident happened on the first day here, might be because of Taehyung too.

"Good night, Chae," Jungkook said with a smile before he went to backyard while carrying the grill.

Chaeyoung watched him as he walked away from her, she really wanted to spend time with him but maybe it was not suitable. She let out a sigh, looking up at the dark sky, the blue moon illuminated the tenebrous, starless sky as if the stars ensconced themselves behind the dim, gray clouds.

 She let out a sigh, looking up at the dark sky, the blue moon illuminated the tenebrous, starless sky as if the stars ensconced themselves behind the dim, gray clouds