Chapter 19 - School trip

"Joon Hyung, have you packed your things accordingly? We wouldn't want you to left your belongings, right?" Jungkook was busily preparing the toasts for both of them as today they would be joining the school trip which had been organized by the school.

"Yes dad, I've packed all my things. Simple and precise," Joon Hyung was saying as he descended the stairs with him carrying his greenish backpack.

"Good boy. Now come and eat. Sorry I could only prepare a simple breakfast for us." Jungkook sincerely apologized as he only could serve a simple meal because he woke up late this morning. A smile curved up on his face remembering the event that happened last night, unconsciously he bit his lower lip. His heart never felt contented as he is right now. Warmth cascaded all over his body.

"Dad, why are you smiling alone?" Joon Hyung took his seat at the dining table and arched his eyebrows, asking his father curiously and that broke his thought.

"Did I? Ohh it's nothing. I just thought of something." Jungkook poured the milk into a glass and gave it to his son. "Enjoy your meals." He cleared his throat trying to mask his flustered self.

"Thank you, dad." Both of them enjoyed their meals to the fullest and quickened their paces as they did not want to be late for the assembly.

The school trip was held for two days and one night at Jeju Island, involving all Grade 5 students in the school. Lucky enough, Jungkook was able to have a break from his work and this might be as well a break free from all the stresses built up. He drove himself and Joon Hyung towards the school to see the students and their respective parents had started to gather at the assemble spot in front of the school.

"All students please gather here. Your homeroom teachers will check for the attendance." A tall male teacher with spectacles instructed the students and they started to form lines based on their classes including Joon Hyung, leaving Jungkook at the back of the lines. That was when Chaeyoung suddenly appeared to check for the attendance of her students. Casually wearing only a white oversized T-shirt and khaki plain trousers partnered with a pair of white vans, she was purely eye-catching. Plus, her thick brown locks was tied in a high pony tail exposing her smooth pale neck.

"Did she always appear pretty like that?" A sudden feeling of jealousy tugged his heart, thinking if other men would feel the same way, if they would also approach her. His sense of protective kicked in.

Jungkook leaned against his car, his eyes never left her and as if she knew she was being watched, she propped her head up. That was when she saw him and their eyes locked causing her to flash a smile and so did he. With only a simple gesture, all of his thoughts vanished. Truthfully, he was afraid. The power she held over him was terrifying and he became vulnerable when she was with him. He knew that. He was falling over heels for her and there was no way of turning back.

"Joon Hyung?" Chaeyoung asked, her eyes wandering around to search for him.

"Here miss!" Raising up his hand, Joon Hyung said while grinning, showing his cute teeth.

"Okay done. Good job students. All of you manage to come." Chaeyoung praised her students, beaming with pride.

The same male teacher then announced to have the attention from the students. He started to give a short briefing about the program itinerary and Chaeyoung decided to send the attendance to the teacher in charge.

At that moment, she saw Jungkook walked towards her direction, with his dimple smile and it sped up her heart seeing how perfect the figure in front of her. She knew his eyes were on her since earlier but she tried hard not to be bothered although her heart nearly bursted due to his piercing gaze.