Escape

"Evacuations are nearly complete, the Tyranids have however caused much difficulty, relying on our radios instead of the Astropathic Choirs, we are unsure how many have escaped. Reports are saying that it is a mix of Skitarii, Adeptus Sororitas, Imperial guard, and Chapters who came in the hopes of aiding the defense of the system." A servant said.

Mhmun, Chapter Master of the Blades of Flame chapter rubbed his chin.

"The Tyranid fleet now blocks our clean escape, and if we flee the other way." Mhmun said, looking out the window to the warp storm that raged near.

"We will be caught in the Great Rift." He said.

"We must race to the edge of the system, so that we can enter the Warp out side of the shadow." The servant said.

"Onward! Tell all ships, we shall attempt to breach the Great Rift!" Mhmun said.

Servitor radioed the other ships, and the fleet, with much fear, put their engines on full, first to turn away, then forward, and rushed to the edge of the system. The Geller fields activated, put on a higher standard, in the hopes of protecting the ship entering the rift. The warp drives activated, and the ships entered the warp, several of the ships began to shake, the fleet was mostly together.

"The warp seems to be rough." Mhmun said, gripping the metal arm rests of his Command throne.

The ships rocked, nearly throwing many of the crew not in seats or bolted into the ship itself to fall, before the shaking stopped very suddenly. Travel was smoother now.

"All hands, report in, are we under attack?" Mhmun asked.

The area was clear. He asked the ships of his chapter, all clear, the remnants of the evacuation fleet were also not attacked. After much time, the ships left the warp, and appeared in the void, no major signs of gravity near by, they were thrown from the warp, but by what?

Alarms blared from the Navigator's chamber. With a press of a button, Mhmun heard the Navigator screaming.

"The light! It is gone! The Emperor has died! We have been forsaken! Left to rot in the void! All hope is lost! We have been orphaned! No longer due we have hope, we are godless now, for the Emperor has died! The Light his soul illuminated has been extinguished!" The cries echoed through the command center.

The blast shields raised from the windows, and Mhmun, along with the crew on the deck, looked out, seeing the galaxy, but....it was different, there was no great Rift, no Eye of Terror, no Malstrum, it was all, gone.

"This....this isn't possible?" A captain of the Blades of Flames said.

"Contact all ships, we must discuss our actions quickly, before panic spreads." Mhmun ordered.

"We have several radio requests coming in, from all over." A crewmen said.

As the radio opened up, several holographic displays of the various captains, ship group commanders, and officers appeared. They all began speaking, before Mhmun raised his hand, stopping the screaming.

"I am sure you all have heard what the navigators have said, and I fear that from visual appearances, it seems as through that we no longer are in the same galaxy as the Emperor or we are in a time before the great rift and even the eye. I am having the stars position's being checked, and we shall then know if we are truly lost. But do not lose hope, our faith shall protect us, and guide us, just as the Emperor's will as guided us before, his wisdom shall guide us now." Mhmun said.

-meanwhile-

It had been weeks since the Clone Wars had begun, and many young Jedi were meditating in the temple, along with many knights. The Council were discussing deployment to legions and Attack Battalions, when suddenly, and without warning, a shockwave tore through the force, sending many strongly connected to the force into immense pain, as those strongly connected to the force were unable to move from the splitting headaches they were suffering from.

Hours passed before everyone on the council had been brought to a point where they could speak coherently. As they got up, many held their heads. Some Council members were in medical, to ensure their own health, as some injured themselves to try and end the pain.

"I do not know what could have caused such a disturbance in the force, it was as if, a cry of pain, one connected to thousands were put in a great despair, and were fearful." Master Plo Koon said.

"It does, it feels as if Coruscant itself has lost all hope, as if a grief covers the planet?" Mace Windu said.

"I best think we wait for any reports of the war, it may have been a planet killer weapon." Ki Adi Mundi said.

Yoda remained silent, he had suffered the worse on the council. Beyond the Temple, in the far off reaches of space, near a battlefield that was being prepared, Anakin was still on the ground, holding his head. He heard distant voices speaking.

"The Emperor is dead! Holy Terra no longer shines! All hope is lost!" We're distantly screamed.

"Prepare warp travel! We shall seek out Sol!" A man yelled in the distance, all in Anakin's mind.

He felt another pulse, but much weaker, nothing like the violent and painful wave from before, it was a simple ping at the back of his mind now.