Treachery

After the few days of scouting, both by Imperial forces and the Republic. The towers that were passed between by the droid army were selected as the location of an ambush. Over the next few days, covert missions would deliver supplies to the building, and up the levels. It was decided that a squad of Lords of Iron would join the Jedi, Anakin Skywalker, in the North Tower. The days leading up would have a missile launcher that could be shoulder and bipod mounted placed inside of the building.

The day of the attack would come, and under the cover of night, the clones and Space marines would move inside. The north tower was prepared and the windows were cut open, to allow easy firing position to shoot from, and was easy to replace. 

The final checks, as a small crate of missiles were near by, for quick loading and firing. The clones were surprised, a the size of the missiles, being the length of their arms, and just as thick. 

"Anakin, How are you doing over there?" Obi-wan asked over the radio.

"Great. The Space Marines brought their big guns out, and my men are eager to see it in action." Anakin answered.

A squad of Lords of Iron was with the Republic in North tower. The Space marines were just going through the final set of calibrations, before one marine loaded a rocket into the launcher, patting the shoulder plate of the marine aiming the missile.

"Brother Thock, the rocket is ready. We have it aimed to destroy the machine men once they enter range of the republic's guns." the marine on the missile launcher said, turning his head.

"Good, and what of the other tower?" Thock asked.

"The Repicae known as Rex, a captain of this unit, assures the commander replicae, Cody, has several guns ready to fire on the machine men." Ka, another marine, said.

"Good, once the Republic start, we shall rain fire onto the machine men." Thock nodded as he looked out the window, seeing the approach of the approaching column of the droid army. 

As the droids got closer, they would suddenly see the droid army split into 3 groups. 

"Something has gone wrong." A clone said.

Suddenly, the lift behind them opened. Turning, the saw droids, and it fired, one flying past him, and the next hitting the marine in the chest. Thock pulled a pin on his grenade and grabbed the door, slamming the door shut, the blast would nearly destroyed the door and howling and a crash was heard. They heard blaster fire in the other rooms, and the marines would simply shoot the droids, taking a knife out and slashing the droids.

"Take aim at the tanks! Fire!" Thock said.

The door opened, and suddenly a blaster bolt would be fired through the door, and hit the control panel, burning it. The marines turned and opened fire on the droid. More droids walking in from the other direction.

"Sir, the firing mechanism is busted. It can not be fired." Ka said, moving away from the missile launcher.

"The other tower is attacked as well. We will not have enough ammo to face them all. the Replicae say the droids have infiltrated their position in the South tower, trapping them." Moor said.

Thock looked at the missile launcher, gritting his teeth, it was broken and too heavy to move with easy. Taking out a det pack from his belt, and placed it on the Extra missiles he brought with, setting a timer. The clones and marines would retreat to the next room, as the count down began.

"Rex. Fire your cables." Anakin ordered as be broke open a window.

"Marines, grapling hooks. Aim high." Thock ordered, as the marines took out a extention to their bolters, and fired, the hooks shooting through the windows and allowed the marines to swing across the gap.

The clones slid across the gap, two loosing their life as they crossed.

Thock heard another door open behind him and droids walking in, before he leapt out, swinging across the gap with his marines. They would reach the same floor, after climbing the side of the building. Turning, they floor they had been on would explode, with a secondary explosion being significantly larger, breaking windows above and below them.

"Iron Eagle 1, we will need evac from the south tower." Thock said, as loaded his bolter, preparing to fight.

"Understood Thock." was all he heard over his radio, before he had his brothers move into the room, stopping the droids by forming a wall between them and the republic forces. The marine's armor would absorb leaving little more than superficial damage to their armor, meanwhile, their bolters would tear through the droids, one bolt killing 5 to 7 droids as they detonated.

"We will take the lift up to the roof, we will go up first, then you go." Skywalker said, looking at the marines.

"This is acceptable, it will give us more time to learn of these droid men." Thock said, before he grabbed one droid and tore the back pack off the droid, placing it on his belt. 

His men all had parts of the central droid body, torso, heads, packs, Ka carried a blaster, for later testing

The group of marines entered the elevator, and the marines went up, reaching the top. The Thunderhawk flew to the tower hovered,  firing it's twin linked heavy bolters at the droids, clearing a platform for the marines, before it turned to open the ramp. The marines climbed inside, before Dion, would place a det pack on the center of the roof, and set a timer.

"A parting gift from the imperium." He said, as he stepped inside, and held the detonator.

"We are clear." Iron Eagle's pilot said, before Dion blew the pack, causing an explosion to begin a collapse, as the shaped charge blew into the central support beam.

Returning to the base, the marines remained in silence. Contemplating, had they made a mistake? No. They were too cautious, they made sure no one would see them as they moved the supplies into the building.

The ship hovered, and landed, finally the ramp lowered, allowing the marines to climb leave the gunship.

"How did the machines know of the Republic plan?" Thock asked.

"Good question. The Lions are the best group to find this information through." Dion said.

"The Blades however.....if they learn of this, will go on a hunt. It is as their genesire did. Cause fear of betrayal." Thock said.

"The Republic will learn of the Blade's traditions, and it will send a message. I think it is best if they are the ones who search for the one who leaked the information." Ka explained.