The Blades of Flame

Mhmun sat in his command throne, eyes shut. In the coming hours, the Emperor would make his decision on if the crusade against the Xenos Empire of criminals known as the Huts would be launched. He was reliving the day he became chapter master in his mind, and he learn of the secret of the Chapter.

-100 years ago-

Mhmun was kneeling, before him was the Grand Chaplain, the title of the oldest and leader of the chaplains in the chapter.

"Mhmun Arentil, you have shown great promise, with skill, you lead the 2nd company through hardship, with power, you have defeated many great foes, with faith, you have purged many traitors. With honors, you have been selected to become the new bearer of the infernus gladius, honored weapon of our chapter." The Grand Chaplain said, taking the sheathed sword, moving towards kneeling Mhmun.

"Thank you, Grand Chaplain, it is with all my wisdom, I shall defend the chapter, strike down our foes and honor the Primarch, the great Sanguinius." Mhmun said, lifting his head.

The grand Chaplain looked at the new chapter master, placing the covered blade on his right, then moving it to his left, before setting it before the marine.

"Rise, Mhmun, become the flame bearer, and may the flames burn bright, and burn long." the chaplain said.

Standing up, Mhmun looked at the Chaplain, who had a grim expression on his face.

"As the leader, I believe you should learn of our chapter's founding. Follow, it is not to be seen by many others, only the Grand Chaplain and the Flame Bearer may enter the vault of founding." The grand chaplain said, walking to the door, inside of the Reliqury of the Sheathe, placing his cruzius in a slot, before Mhmun noticed a sword slot. Withdrawing the blade, he placed in into the slot, and the door hissed, opening.

"The secret of our chapter is, we are chimeric, we are not born from a single primarch. We are sons of the Angel, but we are also sons of another." The grand Chaplain said, quietly, so that only Mhmun would hear.

A large door opened, showing a stasis chamber. Inside was a power claw, a gauntlet, a power glove, with 2 long blades that run along the back. In its hand was a book, dried blood rested on the cover. The gauntlet read "Mercy" on the back, roughly cut into it, the deep blue had blood dried on the area.

Mhmun walked close to the chamber, and placed his hand on the glass, looking at the weapon.

"It is a gift from the Ultramarines, the weapon of our father. We have kept it safe for many centuries. It is the truth we keep from the wider Imperium, Only We know, and those who replace us know the truth of our chapter. And the guide lines we follow." the Grand Chaplain said, as he approached the case.

He pressed a few buttons, and the stasis field lowered. The Chaplain handed Mhmun the book, it read "Libro Noctem". Mhmun opened it, reading it. It was like the codex, but different. Tactics on fighting xenos, how to fight marines, changes to organizational structures, and how to deal with corruption. Rites of passage, who to trust, what makes a good leader, how to set up a planetary governor. Everything needed to be a leader.

Mhmun closed the book before putting it back. The field rose, and he turned.

"The fate of our chapter is in your hands." the chaplain said.

-back to the present-

Mhmun had been spending many days, reading the Libro Noctem, having to compare it to what he was doing now. Was his leadership of the Astartes council. He had begun to move away, his actions were now no longer in his control. It was the Emperor's choices that lead the Imperium. He contemplated.....could he leave the Emperor the tome.

His thoughts were interrupted, by a surf, holding a data tablet. Mhmun picked it up, and looked at it. The Message had the authorization of the Emperor.

"Upon consideration, I have authorized the launch of the Crusade against the Hutt Empire. Targets of Exterminatus: Kessal, Nar Shadda and Nal Hutta. Targets for capture: Tattooine, Toydaria, Nimban, Umbara.

Blades of Flame: Exterminatus Duty

The Emperor will be having the Blades of Flame, joined by the Legion 501st. The Crusade shall launch, upon the arrival of the Emperor to the Resolute." Mhmun nodded, understanding his orders.

-meanwhile-

Anakin was on an Shuttle, he was to go to the Resolute, his flag ship, a return to form, it was....normalcy he needed. Ahsoka was with him, along with Rex

As Anakin got to the smaller view port, he looked out, in time to see the Resolute....and it's now modified form.

"Sir....I don't remember the Resolute having so much.....golden prow armor.....or a massive cannon where the hanger was." Rex said.

"It looks like we have a Imperialized Ship now." Ahsoka said.

The Resolute, now a mix of gold trim and white armor, the prow had two large shields, with the turbo lasers being replaced by lance batteries. The biggest change however was the fact there was a massive cannon that ran just under 2/3 of the ship, that glowed, having the end being between the prow.

As they arrived to the Resolute, they had found that the hanger now much larger, as they had seemingly gutted the ship to make a long corridor. Anakin would go up to the ship's main hanger, finding 4 massive generators, and a loading system. 

As Anakin made his way to the bridge, they saw over the ship, as the Clones arrived, many were armored in carapace suits, with hot shot las weapons, some even halving plasma and melta weapons. 

Anakin saw R2, with the Red cloak draped over him. With a smile, Anakin would move into an installed throne, and sat down.

"Shall we begin the message to the fleet?" A Techpriest asked.

"Yes." Anakin said.

A light glowed onto him, before he looked out.

"Subjects of the Imperium, Warriors of the Adeptus Astartes, Priests of the Mechanicus and Ecchlesiarchy, Soldiers of the Imperial Guard Regiments, we are about to commence, the first of our Mighty Crusades. We shall wipe the threat of the Hutt Crime Empire away from the Galaxy, at last, the Hutts will know justice. Launch, the orders you have been sent your orders, We now shall launch our war, and bring the might of our Imperium down upon them." Anakin said, before he drew his sword and pointed it forward.

"May those who fight know our power, and those who don't know our mercy." He added, before the Resolute entered Hyperspace, followed by the many Imperial war ships.

-elsewhere-

The Jedi Council was meeting, they were in the middle of discussing, how they were to meet with Anakin, in the hopes of having him rejoin them in the Republic.

"Skywalker has always been rebellious, We believed him having a student would cause him to become more.....sensible, however it seems to have only made him more reckless." Mace Windu said.

"Having a chance to speak with him, we could convince him to rejoin the order, properly." Obi-wan said.

"Or it could create a perception of hostility, the Imperium worship the "Emperor" who they believe is Anakin. Perhaps having the Force guide Skywalker is better than us attempting to Guide him." Shaak Ti said.

"Perhaps." Yoda said.