Suspicion

Suspicion: a feeling or thought that something is possible, likely, or true.
or
cautious distrust.

Trust your suspicions.

"Does he know?" The throne the speaker sat on was an exaggeration of his power, it was yet to grow and he still knew there was one man he would bow to.

"Yes."

"Will it work?"

"They're stronger than one face bomb, it's incompetent to use just one." The other speaker shrugged, causing a playful tut from his conversation partner. "But you knew that."

"Of course, I don't underestimate humans, as low as they are, they can still hold some power." He responded, "No offence." The man in the throne said.

"Then why did you ask?"

"Aren't you one of his most loyal and knowledgeable slaves, I wanted to test if it were true." The man on the throne tilted his head mockingly, "or though I heard you failed your longterm assignment."

"It is not failed."

"But pointless now. The dragon king's future is set, making your powers useless, plus magic won't even exist much longer!" He continued to mock. "I guess a negative was the destruction that was caused when eclipse opened, but that's really not my problem."

The other man scoffed but found no response.

"As it comes down to it- you actually saved Acnologia rather than E.N.D." He laughed. "And he's only going to hunt him down eventually."

"I was merely assigned the mission." The man standing corrected, "the miscommunications of the prophet wasn't a fault of mine."

"If you say so."

"Speaking of." The standing man changed the subject. "Acnologia will probably come here, if FACE really does attract E.N.D. Or he will just follow Zeref, either way you'll be receiving a visit.

"So you came here to warn me, how sweet."

"Sure, or maybe I just wanted to see fear in the face of Mard Geer."

"I'm not scared of the dragon, you humans should be."

"If you say so." He mocked, then turned on his heels making his way to the exit. "I've told you everything now, if you're not dead, I'll see you around."

"Don't go too far, FACE might attract your failure project too." Mard Geer shouted as a response. "If you want to personally deal with her, I'd do it before face activates."

The man leaving laughed. "I'll keep that in mind. In fact, I'm counting on it."

***********

"I failed." You sighed, almost flipping the board game Marie had you playing, since you apparently had nothing better to do as you sat in the guild hall.

"Ha!" Marie grinned, happy with her board game victory. You were sure she was cheating, but this was also a game she had a lot more experience playing, considering she'd bought it during the eight years you were away. "I win again!"

"Do we have to play this?" You moaned, this was the fifth round out of an unknown number. "It's starting to feel like your putting something off."

"What!!" Marie's shoulder rose defensively, if her face hadn't turned to red you would of assumed she was offended rather than embarrassed. "I don't procrastinate."

"Well, Riko's standing over there." You pointed the white haired girl out to Marie, who was currently talking to some other members of the guild further away. "Why don't you go ask her out like you said you would the other night."