Hazy

Hazy: covered by a haze.
or
vague or ill-defined.
or
confused; uncertain.

"Oddly specific," you glared at her, it would be less weird if Marie or Max had asked you that question, but the weirdness would be equal if they'd asked you in the same tone of voice.

"Hardly,"

You turned your head.

"It would of been specific if I had named the exact forest, date and your age, but you know technicalities," Riko proudly shut your lame response to her question down, now she just sat and waited for the real reply.

"What do you remember about that forest you disappeared into as a kid?"

Now that you think about it, not a lot. You'd assumed that your missing memory had come from the fact it had been so long ago, it wasn't strange not to remember exact days of your life.

"What brings this up anyway?" You questioned, confused by her sudden curiosity, "did Max ask you to do this."

"You think he's low enough to ask such a petty favour while I'm lying in bed injured?" She retorted. She was extra sassy today. Something triggered it.

"Yeah," you scoffed, knowing that wasn't true but didn't want to get shut down again.

She laughed in response, practically reading you like a book. You didn't like how exposed you felt in front of her, it was like she knew all your secrets before you'd even answered the question.

"How long are you going to evade the question?"

Forever.

"I remember many things, I'm not gonna make you a list," you returned her sass. You wondered how Marie and Akira survived without the ability to talk back to people in this guild.

"So you want me to be specific now?"

You sighed. You never really acted like this in front of Riko, usually you'd fall into her trap of senseless humour and irritating teasing, but currently she was digging through you and asking questions. It was annoying. You didn't like it when people asked to many questions, or when their way of comforting was forcing you to talk. You'd prefer the company of someone quiet, someone who'd just sit next to you and made sure you weren't alone. Riko was the opposite right now.

"Sure."

"Okay," she finally put down the glasses in her hand and looked straight at you, as if without the lenses she could see perfectly with no blur.

"Was it just you and Yuuki?"

The question had an obvious answer, if there was someone else you would already know? I would of said.

"Yes, of course," You nodded your head, breaking eye contact. And then suddenly breaking all trust in your self.

It was just me and Yuuki.

I'm sure.

"You don't look so certain."

"You're making me doubt myself," you placed a hand on your head, feeling the heat radiating from it.

"Good,"

"Why?"

"Because it means that you don't remember as much as you think." She smirked, again proudly. You weren't sure why that was such an impressive thing to uncover.

"So...." Now she had your attention, and she was returning to her normal self.

She sat up straighter and looked you in the eye as if the answer was obvious. It wasn't.

"(Y/n),"

You hummed as a response.

"I 100% believe the story about your brother, I have no doubts your lying. But I don't think you know what happened as well as you think." She placed her hand on her chin, full of the vanity you almost admired.

"What do you mean?!" You were a little offended, you should know the whole story, you were practically the centre of it.

She laughed at your frustration, and flicked her injured foot as if she'd just won a prize.

"Do you even know what kind of world we live in, you know, the one where half the population has magic?"

You wondered what on earth she was getting at.

"If no one remembers Yuuki and he does exist than he obviously erased the towns memories."

"And?"

"If your memories are hazy than he might of erased yours to."

You opened your eyes a little wider. Seriously. First, how on earth did I not contemplate that!? And secondly, you were a little offended because, why would my brother do this to me. However you didn't respond and kept your mouth shut, waiting for Riko to continue.

"Of course your unstable memories only further prove it was just a dream but..."

She dragged out the 'U' sound to keep you in suspense.

"I have evidence that proves other wise, but it has to remain a secret."

...

"We met a lot earlier than you think."

**************************************

I can't believe what just happened.

Rogue didn't sleep, which wasn't unusual for him, but this time it was for a different reason.

The master had flipped out completely. Almost releasing his anger on himself and Sting, but then on Lector... And then Sting...

He didn't want to think any more. All he knew was that he had to win tomorrow, he was going to fight Gajeel and win.

It was becoming difficult to ignore this shadow inside of him, he'd decided that...
Even a nightmare would be better than thinking about this pressure.

************

This was a pathetic chapter I wrote in like an hour, sorry...

But whatever, I finished my exams and I've now got a three month break so hopefully you'll be seeing more of me! I'll try keep my once a month schedule again but I just wanted to post a chapter to prove I have actually returned from the fiery pits of revision and AQA hell.

Thank you guys for being patient! Especially those who wished me luck on my exams! I'm sorry if I didn't answer then but I'm thanking now :) I appreciate all of you that support me!

I'll hopefully update soonish so I'll see you then~