Alive

Alive: alert and active; animated.

"Wow," Marie looked up in awe at the city of Crocus where the Grand Magic Games would take place.

The city was bursting with happiness. You didn't know if this was just because the Grand Magic Games would take place today or if it was always like this.

The sun was setting given it a orange light and a happy atmosphere. You wanted to see what it was like when the stars came out too.

There would be plenty of time for that since you would have to stay up till twelve. Poor little Akira was meant to be taking a nap since it was way past her bed time, but the nine year old did not want to sleep. Maybe it was the busy vibes that filled up this place. Instead she was just getting a piggy back from her older brother who refused to let her waste her energy.

Besides when your sleeping your basically dead to the world, and this city was very much alive.

"This place is amazing," Marie continued to talk about how amzing the town was during your walk from the station to your lodge. You were all wearing casual clothes. You were wearing your usual combat gear without the cape draped over your shoulder.

"It is... beautiful," even Max agreed.

"Almost as beautiful as me," Riko flicked her hair with her hand, proudly ruining the moment.

"Yeah, whatever," Akio scoffed, flicking his head to keep his purple tinted black locks out of his face as he held his little sister with the other.

"So we have 3 hours until you guys have to be at the hotel," Max began, "you can go drop your stuff off and then look around the city, don't think about being late, 'cos I can't join in and we having got anyone of your level right now so we need all of you there, got it?"

"Yeah," you all unenthusiastically said as Max took the roll of the teacher.

Your lodge didn't look special, you knew Sabertooth would probably get the nicest one since they were the previous winners. It had two rooms, one for you, Riko, Marie and Akira and the other for Akio. Marie was over excited, claiming it was a massive sleepover you hadn't had since you were nine and Akira getting excited because she had never had a sleep over before.

"Where should we go first!" Marie childishly grabbed your hand your hand and dragged you onto the streets of Crocus where the sun had now fully set. You both aimlessly wondered the streets, pointing out random things that looked pretty. You had even wondered down a street covered in flowers. Mari made herself a flower crown and had put purple one in your hair despite your reluctance. Not that you had time to take it off anyway.

"Still want more?" You heard a cocky voice from not far down the road. Marie out of curiosity skipped over the the crowd.

"Oh god, they're showing of again," Marie sighed when she was in sight of two men, following your childhood best friend, you approached the crowd the surrounded to dragon slayers.

"Oh, you want a fight?" The blond haired Mage looked over, "Marie-san, wasn't it?"

When you caught with Marie you were surprised to see her casually talking to the blonde Dragon slayer. Besides white dragon slayer was Rogue Cheney.