1.5

Everyday was the same.

It went like this everyday.

Except, everyday something new was broken, their was a new bruise on someone's skin, their was another cut along someone's hand. But they were never on him.

"There's no use hiding from me!" The voice was slurred and drunk, nothing unusual in the slightest. "Come out, come out wherever you are."

Trying to make as little noise as possible, the six year old pulled her legs closer to her when she hid behind the sofa. Hoping her step dad wouldn't find her, hoping he would give up and go away.

In the the room next door, her mother cooked, the empty body seemed to be pretending that nothing was happening on the other side of the thin walls, she wasn't going to help.

He'd sent her brother away, to train or find a job, he couldn't protect her.

All she could do is hope, hope that he wouldn't find her.

A small chuckle could be heard, "I can see you~"

She started crying.

"I think I've found you~"

With a crash, the sofa she hid behind was knocked over and the perpetrator looked pleased with himself. Staring down at Akira as she sobbed. His hand reached over to grab her.

She attempted to run again, to make it out of the door, or to hide behind something else, but she was caught. Her step father grabbed the back of her shirt, which was actually one of her brother's, and lifted her up towards him.

He grinned.

"You know how much I hate you," he was mad, "this is all your fault."

It wasn't.

"Why should I have to look after you! You're not my child!" His anger caused him to throw the girl onto the floor, she landing on her back and continued to sob.

"Quit crying!" He screeched at the six year old, "if you'd have been a boy, I might of been able to help you! You're pathetic!"

He kicked her in the stomach, only causing her to scream more. She screamed for her brother, or anyone who would help her, even for her mother, but this just angered him more.

"Should of left you on the streets!" He balled up his fists, going to hit her again.

Suddenly the front door was slammed open. Fifteen years old, the boy who had entered wasn't very brave, he was scared of his father as well, but hated seeing him hurt his sister.

"That's enough father," he tried to speak sternly.

His father stopped and turned his attention to his son. "I don't appreciate your attitude towards me Akio." He spat, "you're home too early."

Akio didn't know how to reply, instead he just watched his sister sit up and look in his direction, scared.

"No response? I guess they call this the teenage phase," he made excuses for his son, "right? You'll grow out of this and respect me again, right!?"

Clenching his fists, Akio could feel himself getting angrier, he had no respect for the man who beat his wife and daughter, especially when, on top of that, he was trying to make his son appreciate him.