Insult

Insult: speak to or treat
with disrespect or scornful abuse.

The ability to walk, was something you had taken for granted greatly. Your crutches had been removed this morning and now you felt like you'd never sit down again. At every opportunity you were bouncing around, making the most out of the strength in your muscles. The positivity radiated off of you, and the rest of your guild could tell, it lightened up your team when you all decided to take a job together that day.

The description was simple, the magic council had recently eradicated some dark guild but a few members were still about hiding in a small town. The mayor had hired you and your team to weed them out and get rid of them for good. Easy enough, you just had to find them.

The town had a cute nature to it, it was almost like Lavender Town before the fire, with dirt pavements and cottages with thatched roofs. On a Saturday afternoon, one would expect it to be filled with carts and stools, and families with excited children. The sort of place you would likely have a livestock festival placed at the end of the month, and have walls covered in posters for circus in the next town over. Each house window sill was covered in potted plants of various colours, some had vegetables, all had small accidental piles of soil beneath them, adding to the natural glow of the streets. Each little home a title, not a number, a title, like 'hill view house' or 'caramel cottage', giving every single home it's own individual feel. Even the street names were cute and warm, like Mayfly Road or Poppy Avenue. You would consider living here, if you could bare the smell of farm animals at every turn.

Today however, the streets were rather quiet, I guess the little town wasn't so used to bad things happening. So everyone was shut inside, hiding themselves from some low level bandits. It's a good sign that nothing really happens in this place.

"If I was a bad guy where would I hide?" Marie pondered, leading the group as she walked around casually, her back completely straight and her knees hardly bent, almost like a robot. Not sure what she was trying to achieve by walking like that other than proving that she was childish. Akira paced beside her for a while, copying her until she got bored and returned to walk beside her brother.

"In some dark basement?" Riko was slouched over as she walked, she did feel the energy radiating from your positivity, but was also getting sick of walking. "Can we take a break?"

"Probably somewhere nobody lives," Akio shrugged, he had his hands in his pocket but other than that, moved around like a normal person.

"This is an agricultural town, maybe there's a barn or something they're hiding in?" You followed up on Akio's comment, he was making an effort to walk next to you and turn to smile in your direction as you spoke. He agreed immediately while Riko had all her comments ignored.

"That's a good idea!" Marie pointed a finger in the air as she spun around to face the rest of the team. "Lets go ask someone where we can find some barns!" As Marie spoke, Riko began to stand up straight and pay full attention, as if her sulking had been banished. Geez what an obvious crush.

You wandered around a little longer, asking directions to all the creepy abandoned barns or buildings in the area. There was only one, and it wasn't exactly creepy or abandoned. Just empty, the guy who gave you directions told you that the old owner had recently moved away just before the dark guild arrived. And when you got there, it still looked relatively well-kept, which was anti climatic.

"Who puts a locks on an empty barn," Riko poked the door a couple of times as if it was going to open it. The doors to the barn was twice her height and looked relatively heavy. The entire barn was painted red, but bits were chips off in various places, there was an obvious attempt to cover this up, as various chips were filled with s slightly different shade of red. The bottom was brown, mud stained from years of muddy puddles and clumsy animals, while the top was the most faded from all types of weathering. In the middle were the doors held together by a padlock.