Chapter 42

Charlie promise to throw Anthony and his bitch in jail as soon as they're caught, like his three friends.

That incident totally traumatize me, I became careful and attentive at my surrounding, the door, people walking around me, almost everything.

Charlie taught it was a problem so he had me go to Louisiana and Jeremy house to receive some biblical lessons with Mr Gabriel, there father in which I was less interested but had to go just to please Charlie.

I got along with my therapist and grandparents, grandpa apologized to me after Charlie spoke to him, he threatens to kill tony if he approaches me, he regretted for abandoning mama and me, so he was trying to catch up. As for grandma she was really spoiling me with gifts and I was her favourite grandson.

But my life remain same, colour less, full of sorrow, grief and hatred that kept me up at night and drove me insane.

"Alex, come on we're waiting for you hurry!" Jeremy yelled in distance. Oh I forget to say we became a little closer.

"Coming," I was not enthusiastic as they were to leave school.

"Move!" Louis pulled my hand, "we need to get early if we wanna watch the film." She dragged me through the hall to the car and we hopped in.

I was gonna watch an avengers movie and I had three hours before Charlie pick me up.

The car pull in their drive way and we stepped out, we walked in and found Mrs Goodwill preparing dinner, I greeted her and she invited me for dinner but first we had to wash our hands.

Jeremy and Louisiana were in such a haste, the ran the stairs to their room, while I just walk as slow as possible, after all I was not excited about the movie, I was never excited about anything, Tony had spoiled my life, I thought.

I heard the voice of a man praying from the next door, I wanted to walk away but my curiosity won't let me, I had to eavesdrop just a little bit, since the door was crack opened it was easy and tempting.

I peep and saw Mr Gabriel praying to God. He looked so peaceful and comprehensive, like he was talking to someone next to him, someone he could see, that was crazy! There was no one in the room.

After sometime he smiled, and stood up, he sat on his bed reaching for a book, or was it a Bible.

I watch as he read with a warm smile plastered on his face, that arose questions in me.

I wanted to know why he was like that and who he was speaking to.

But I just couldn't ask him, I hated God so much, if am doing biblical lessons with him is for Charlie, he thinks it will make me feel better.

I turn to leave but stopped when a voice called me.

"Alex? Come in." Mr Goodwill called.

I sigh before pushing the door open and walking to him, "hey Mr Gabriel."

"Alex? What brings you here? We don't have lesson today, you are suppose to be with your friends watching a movie, anyway why were you eavesdropping at me?"

"I was passing by and I heard you speaking to someone, so I decide to check who it was, but I saw no one." I sat by his side.

"And?"

"Who were you speaking with?"

"God."

"You can see him?"

He chuckled, "of cause no, the Bible says no man have ever seen God."

"So how were you talking to him?" I raised a brow.