Chapter 19

I jolted out of bed very early that next day due to my nightmares, my body still aching and the headache worse than the previous day. I was given some new clothes, gray skinny jeans and a gray T-shirt with a black hoodie with gray sleeves. The bandage wrapped around my head was taken away replaced with plaster while the one on my belly was left like that for precaution by the nurse.

I sat on the hospital bed lamenting on my fate as I stared blankly at the window.

"Good thing you're up,"

I turned to face the doorway and sighed angrily while rolling my eyes, "oh, hey jerks," I mumbled enough for them to hear.

"Up, we're leaving," said the Thomas guy. I huff before crouching down, being careful not to hurt my ribs.

"What are you doing?" Dave asked, looking at me suspiciously.

"Will I go with barefoot? Stupid," I shook my head with a frown returning back to tying my lace.

Just then the nurse walked in with a tray. I sat back on the bed when I was done tying and grunting. I didn't want those pills, I was not a child.

"Your pills," she said, holding out the cup and the pills.

"I don't wanna,"

"It will help the pain subside, just take it," she urged while the two men sighed in annoyance. I looked from her to the pills, from her to the pills, I did that like five times before I finally grabbed the cup taking the pills.

"My name is Lana, you?" She said with a warm smile.

"Alexander," I said as I gently placed the cup on the tray. I didn't smile though.

"Nice to meet you, and goodbye," she waved and left. Leaving me with the cops.

"Now that you've done your childish things can we-"

"What did you just call me?" I cut Thomas off with a dangerously low tone.

He exchanged a look with Dave, who walked to me and pulled me up, then matched me out of the hospital to their cop car.

I looked through the window at moving buildings and people and cars. It was amazing, that was the only one thing from my past that I couldn't get rid of. The ride was silent, just the sound of the breeze whizzing in my ears as the car moved.

I elaborated a plan of escape, when we got to a stop, I escaped, those dudes won't find me. I thought.

The car came to a stop in a filling station after one and half hours, l studied the environment, looking for a way of escape, but none, it was just a station standing in the middle of a deserted road for people to refill their car and eat because the journey was long.

If I had escaped, there would've been no end to my journey, the road was long and we used one and half hours just to stop here, how much more if I'd used my feet? I wasn't going to take that risk.

All the while I was thinking Thomas had gone, just me in the car, with Dave speaking to a lady in a red collar shirt, who was filling the car.

Thomas came out from the store and we all set off. "Do you want some cheese? Or wanna use the toilet?" Thomas asked, turning to face me from where he was seated with Dave who was driving in the front seat.

"No," I simply said, not looking from the window.

"Come on have this," he gave me a pack of cheese, which I gently grabbed, rolled the glass of the window, and threw the cheese away. "No!" I looked at him before turning back to the window.

A few hours later, we stopped in the parking lot of the California police station.

"I thought he would give us a hard time in the car," said Dave as he cut the engine and hopped down from the car, Thomas did the same.

"Come out," Thomas instructed.

I slowly reached for the door and hopped down, my head was pounding, so I didn't want to make much of a deal.

I followed them in the office, where men and women were either walking or sitting and typing, some of them were in dark blue uniforms, with caps and nightsticks.

"Hola, don Thomas y don Dave," one of the ladies greeted.

"Buenas tardes, doña Angelica," Thomas replied.

"Cómo estás doña?" Said, Dave

"Bien, gracias," said the Lady named Angelica. They all laughed.

"Spanish folks," I scoffed silently.

"You doing great, in Spanish,"

"Thanks, Thomas, what do we have here?" She turned to face me. I rolled my eyes pulling my phone out. Both men sighed.

"He ran away from home, to Miami where he got tangled in a lot of mess, just look at the kid." Said Dave.

"What the hell is wrong with you jerks?! Is my life! My body! I do whatever fucking pleases me!" I yelled glaring at Dave who had a frown, the other cops stopped to eavesdrop.

He grabbed my arm, forcing me close to his face, "you'll show me proper respect child!" His hazel eyes turned darker.

"If you ever call me a child, you'll wish your mama never opened her legs," I said in a dangerously low tone, jerking my hand away from his grip, everyone chorus "ohh"

"God!" He ran his fingers through his hair as he walked to a desk, I angrily pulled out my phone once again. The lady stared at me with wide eyes, she wasn't the only one though. I pretended like I didn't see.

"What is the name of your parents or guardians, their number and address," she stated once I was seated on a chair.

"Dunno," I shrugged.

She sighed, "you don't know the name of your guardian, not even their phone number nor their address?" She asked in frustration. I was just angry and didn't want to disrespect her but I was out of ideas. I planned to run but I couldn't because the office was well guarded, I was trying to think about the headache and she didn't stop talking.

"I said! I don't know! Why can't you filth fucking understand! I'm just tired of this shit! I wanna go back to Miami!" I yelled at her furiously, pouring my anger and frustration at her.

"Didn't your mama tell you that swearing and cursing were prohibited for your age?" A calm familiar voice spoke from behind me, the cops all stood up to salute before seating.

"What's his case?" The voice spoke once again, it rang a bell in my memory, it was so familiar. But my anger didn't allow me to reason.

"None of your fu-" I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw his face. How is it possible? No, it can't be him, I was thrown into confusion at his sight.

"The boy was found been torture by some armed men in Miami, ever since he's been a pain in the ass, he refuses to collaborate and put up a lot of fight," said Thomas who was seating close to the Lady.

"A run-" when his blue eyes locked with my light brown ones, he froze, just staring at me.

All I wanted at the moment was a big black hole that would swallow me and engulf my whole spirit in darkness, endless darkness, where no one will ever find me.

"Alex?"

I know I promise to reveal the identity of the person but I couldn't sorry, that's the first thing you'll read in the next chapter. Get ready!

VOTE AND COMMENT! 👍👍