Chapter 25

"*Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you Alex, happy birthday to you. May the good lord bless you, may the good lord bless you, may the good lord bless you Alex, maybe the good lord bless you!!!" She sang, clapping her hands at the end.

"Wow mama, you sing like an angel." I complimented with a broad smile.

"Thank you, Alex, now blow the candles." She said, I took a deep breath before blowing the candle. "Now say a prayer to God," she said.

I closed my eyes and prayed, "Lord, I want mama to live happy for eternity, I also want to be happy too, please grant my wishes, for in Jesus name I prayed. Amen. I looked up at mum with sparkles in my eyes.

"Look at you, seven years old, you are growing up, very soon we'll celebrate your 20th birthday." She said with tears in her eyes, not tears of sorrow but of joy. 

"As long as you are there celebrating with me, I will forever be happy." I said climbing the couch and kissing her on the lip, I loved her so much. "I love, love you!" I screamed.

"I love you more, as big as the sun." She said while pulling me in a hug and kissing my curly hair. A knock on the door interrupted our emotional moment. I ran to the door thinking it was Charlie, I opened the door with a smile, my smile immediately faded, a man stood towering me, with a mask, I could only see his eyes, his hair, mouth, ears and nose were totally covered. He was in black, he was holding a GUN! 

Before I could run he grabbed my wrist matching in the house.

"Alex! Mum screamed when she saw the man holding me while I squirmed in his grip. 

"Mama help!" I cried.

He pointed the gun to the side of my head, "I kill him or you?" He asked in an evil tune. 

"No, don't hurt him! Take me," she said the last part looking at me with pleading eyes.

"As you wish babe," he said, arming the gun at mum, he fired making a loud sound as the gun jerk. The first bullet hit her stomach. "Happy birthday Lex," he said in his charming obsessive voice while laughing maliciously, pressing the trigger for the sound bullet.

"Mama!!!*

"Mama!" I jolted up not knowing I was at the edge of the bed, I dropped to the floor with a bump! "Shit!" I heard small footsteps running downstairs. At first I thought one of the kids was spying on me, but decided to shrug it off. I took a shower and wore fresh black clothes, as usual I wore a black skinny jeans and a black long sleeve sweater that had a long neck covering my throat. 

I took a deep breath before walking downstairs.

"Dania eat your food! This is the last time I'll repeat myself!" 

"I'm not hungry," said Dania

"I don't care, Dani is eating so you gotta eat!" Margaret said sternly before turning to face the counter. 

"If it was me, mummy will give me what I want, mummy loves me and not you," Daniel whispered. 

"You're lying!" Daniella frowned.

"Nope, she loves me."

"I hate you!" Daniella emptied her bowl on Daniel who screamed before pulling his sister's hair having her scream too.

"Daniel and Daniella Weston! What is this?!" 

"She started it!"

"He started it!"