Impulse x Speedster!Reader

Start from the beginning

~Time Skip~

I got called to the counselor's office for some unknown reason. When I got there I saw Barry.

"Yes Miss?" I asked because I honestly don't know her name.

"(Y/n) this is Barry Allen. He told us about the internship to study with him at the star labs." My counselor said. I nodded.

"Yes ma'am. I still need to tell my mom." I said looking at Barry. 

"Oh let's call her this is a big opportunity." My councilor said. Barry nodded with a smile. What is he up to? My mom answered.

"Don't tell me she accidentally blew up the science lab." My mom said and that's when I zoned out. My mother's is emotionally draining.

~Time Skip~

Now here I am with a few bags packing my things into Barry's car. Turns out I'm going to be staying with Barry for however long. I got into the passenger side and waved at my mom who glared at me. She blames me for dad's death. No body is going to check that I'm actually interning with Barry. However I was sad that I had to say bye to my track mates, volleyball team, and soccer team. My mom and I were never close but it stung a bit that she could get rid of me so easily. Barry started driving down the street then looked at me.

"Want to talk about what happened between you and your mom?" He asked. I shrugged.

"We were never close. I was always a daddy's girl. He'd always say that he was my sidekick and I was the superhero. That he'd always be there to back me up." I said smiling at the fond memories of him.

"Where is he now?" Barry asked. I got sad before I forced a smile.

"Story for another day." I said looking out the window.

~Time Skip~

It's been a few weeks since I've moved in with Barry and Iris. It's been fun. I haven't felt a family bond in a long time and being with the Allens and the Garracks and the Wests it's been really nice. Everyone is super nice and accepting. Wally is like my big brother, Iris and Barry act like my parents, the Garracks my grandparents, and the Wests my aunt and uncle. Then there's Bart we kinda have a unspoken thing going on. We act like we're dating but it isn't official. Small stuff like holding hands, hanging out, or just being near each other feels exhilarating. It hasn't been addressed by anyone but we're occasionally teased about it. Ive had my own suit ever since I've decided I wanted to help people. It's really cool. Finally a female speedster.

Right now it's family day

Right now it's family day. Everyone was here except Wally's parents who were working. But we just got done having lunch which was at a buffet. I mean 5 speedsters here we can eat a lot. Me not as much as them but I'll say that's because I'm a girl. We were stopped at a park to just sit around and talk.

"Peaches I told you not to take on Wally in an eating contest." Barry said as I hiccuped from eating too much.

"But dad it's an eating contest. At least I didn't throw up like Wally did." I said looking at Wally who was holding his stomach.

"Hehehe I still won though." Wally said still looking a bit green.

"I think half the food you ate came up Walls." Bart added on.

"Watching you two eat made me feel sick." Iris said. I smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry mom." I said as me and Bart unfolded the blanket we brought. Barry and Iris let me call them mom and dad. They act like my parents so I call them as such.

"Hey (Y/n) the ice cream truck is here!" Bart said. I looked at him before Wally shot up running. Me and Bart looked at each other before I gave Bart money and he took off running. I can pay for myself. Plus he knows what I like already. We all laughed watching my big bro and Bart race each other normal speed. My communicator went off.

"AWWW COME ON!" I heard Bart say from the ice cream truck. I laughed.

"Bye mom bye dad. I'll be home in time for school." I said jogging to the nearest zeta booth with Bart in tow. Once we were at the zeta tube I quickly changed into my suit with my super speed. I looked at Bart who was putting his goggles on. We looked at each other and sped into the zeta tube.

"And you guys actually made it on time. Good drill everyone. (Y/n), Bart I know you two are dating but please get here sooner next time." Nightwing said. I just blushed and stuttered trying to find my words.

"Nightwing they aren't dating." M'gann said trying to calm my flustered self. I know my face is a burning mess.

"I know (N/n) has a hard time resisting all this." Bart said gesturing to himself.

"I'm sorry I think you mean you have a hard time resisting all of this." I said before walking away making sure to sway my hips to prove a point.

"Whipped!" I heard Jaime yell making me turn to look at Bart who was staring at me. I just walked away with a small hair flip to the girls with a satisfied smile.

"And I won this round ladies." I said making them all laugh.

"Poor Bart." Batgirl laughed.

"Nightwing does realize that we were doing stuff right?" Cassie asked. I sighed annoyed.

"It was family day today. Had the whole day planned out for a month." I said annoyed. M'gann just pat my back.

"Well at least you have Bart. He's here and you two have a thing for each other." Batgirl said. I smiled looking at Bart.

"I need Bart around me. I feel happier around him. He's something in my life besides this that makes sense." I explained. The girls nodded.

"Young love." Raquel said making me laugh. All of a sudden there were hands covering my eyes.

"Guess who?" Cassie asked. I knew it wasn't her though. I put my hands over the "mystery" person's hands. I knew it was Bart.

"Hi Bart." I said moving his hands from my eyes. He laughed and kissed my forehead.

"How'd you know it was me?" He asked with his usual boyish grin.

"You have a small scar on your hand." I said running my hand over it. He smiled.

"You can't stay away from me." I said turning in my seat to face him. He laughed and shook his head.

"JUST KISS ALREADY!" Garfield yelled annoyed. My face got red and I could see Bart laughing with a blush on his face. We kissed making everyone cheer. I pulled away first embarrassed out of my mind.

"Show's over people." Bart said before picking me up and speeding away. I laughed. That's all I could do at this point.

"Let's see where this adventure takes us." I said as I jumped out of his arms and raced in the opposite direction he was going. I turned and saw him coming after me with a large grin on his face. I smiled. I'm (Y/n) (L/n) and I am the fastest woman alive with my favorites superhero peeps. But you know me as (Y/S/N).

A/n sorry this one was sucky but I wanted to get one out because I haven't updated in awhile. I have 2 or 3 one shots coming out around Christmas so it might be early or it might be late but I swear I'm working on them I just finished finals so my weeks been hectic.