Chapter 16 [ Part 5 ]

===== Chapter 16 [ Part 5 ] ====

3: 02 A.M. of that tuesday

(In Your Perspective)

Silenc, darkness. You woke up in the middle of the night but saw no one. You quietly sat there on your bed... In all honesty, you have no idea why you're awake at this hour.. You seem to be waiting for anyone or someone. Yawning, you rub your eyes. Then you look at the door as if you're expecting someone to barge in.

But who is that someone.

A distant memory flashes before your eyes causing you almost to choke.

He walks to the door and opens it. Suddenly, the young man faces you again. You notice a smirk on his lips like nothing dramatic has happened before... "But I'll come back for you soon, (Y/N)," he swears, "I promise." You narrow your eyes, but you lie down in your bed, feeling very tired from talking to him.

"Damn that Ashes, " you murmur to yourself as you slap yourself in the face with your hands. Even when he's not here, he can still bother you. And seriously.. what is with you?! You woke up just to wait for him to appear. Nope! Nope! You're not gonna waste your sleep for him! With your face decorated with a pout, you lie down.

Sleep.

Go Sleep! you force yourself— more like plead; but your mind doesn't want to shut down.. In the end, you're only able to sleep an hour later. Which is annoying! Maybe he accidentally destroyed your body clock. But somehow—

8:46 A.M.

You blink your eyes when you see your teacher turns the powerpoint slide again.

But somehow you are a bit surprised. Ashes didn't come. You do not know if you should be relieved or concerned. But maybe the guy's busy. Or— wait! Why are you even thinking about him, you silly (Y/N)?! you scold yourself, slapping your face.

"Are you fine, Miss (L/N)?"

You quickly sit up straight and sees Sir giving you a look of concern. Your cheeks turn red in embarrassment when you see almost all your classmate staring at you. "I–I am fine!" you quietly stutter. He raises a brow but then nods, finally leaving you alone.. You then thought that he'll go back lecturing, but he proceeds to get another's attention. "How about you, Miss Simons?"

You tilt your head and sees the other (Y/N) immediately standing up in shame. "W— What, Sir? I'm sorry to say, but I didn't hear your question. Ca— can you repeat it?" she stutters.

Almost all your classmates laugh at her, but you did not... You kinda feel bad for her since you also experienced the same situation earlier. You suddenly feel a touch on your hand; you look in front of you and see his gold eyes. The soft gaze he has makes your heart flutter once again, and you try to suppress the feeling.

"Are you okay?" he whispers.

You nod.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just thinking..." Kielle gives off a look of innocence. "Thinking of someone?" He asks with a cute smile. You fawn on the cuteness of your friend, and then you answer. "Yeah, but it's nothing important." Golden-colored eyes shine, and Kielle manages to joke, teasing you. "It's not me?"

"Huh?"

You blink your eyes, and he nonchalantly jokes, " Since I'm nothing important at all." Hearing that, you don't laugh or is amused.. You frown at him. Where do Kielle keep getting these ridiculous ideas? If only you both are not in class right now, you might have pinched his ear!!! Well, since you are in class, you can only calm yourself down and sigh.

"No, you're important to me."

You seriously stare straight at his gold eyes, showing the sincerity in your gaze. "Not only to me, okay??" Kielle's smile goes away, and he quietly nods. Then silence.. But before you can even realize it, a tiny smile more genuine than before breaks out from his face.. "You are also very important to me, (Y/N)." Very very important. The most important.

He seems happy. No, he is happy.

Despite the darkness within him swirling earlier.

Your heart feels so content upon seeing that. The lecture continues after the teacher finally allows Ia to sit. While you finish writing down your notes, you unconsciously turn your gaze to the other girl; and she still seems in a daydream state.

You wonder to yourself since she's not normally like that. (Y/N) Ia is always attentive to class discussions. But then maybe, the day today just makes everyone strange.. Even Xander Forde—who never had a absent in his highschool life— is not here!! You place your filler notes inside your school bag. "(Y/N)?" Kielle calls your name, making you lift up your gaze from your bag.

"Wait a second!"

You quickly zip your bag close.

Recess.

Walking towards the canteen with Kielle behind you, you are oblivious of the fact that his golden eyes are gazing at your hand, longing to touch you like he has done before.. But he isn't that ᴵᴺˢᴬᴺᴱ yet. There are times he should not attempt to invade your personal space. For now, Kielle is satisfied staring at your back.

Even when he really likes to...

A familiar handsome man passes by.

You instantly stop from walking and almost call Alessio out; but you stop yourself when you realize that he isn't Alessio. In fact, he is in an expensive black suit. Really looks like in his thirthies. Your jaw drops when he turns those cold silver gaze to you.

Kielle narrows his golden eyes, feeling threatened by the damn man. He pulls you behind him, shielding you from the Alessio look-a-like. But you are certain that he is not only a look-a-like. He is Alessio's father! Peeking at him, you can still see his eyes emptily staring at you then your friend.

You blink your eyes.

Then you see him walking away, heading towards to the office. "He really looks like Alessio," you mumble, still dazed with the encounter. Kielle's gold eyes glare at the direction the man took. He doesn't like him. Somehow, Kielle feels that man is dangerous — more dangerous than Alessio himself.

"So that's her."

"Yes. She's my queen, father."

"Princess. Only your mother can only be called queen," Damiano snaps, feeling annoyed. He isn't the only one. Alessio looks back, not betraying any emotions. Silvery eyes clash with one another. Eliza nervously laughs; she scratches the back of her neck as she watches her hubby and son have a staring contest.

"Let him, dear." She puts a hand on his arm.

Damiano embraces his beloved but still glares at his son. "You're the only queen here. No one's gonna replace it." Eliza laughs at her husband's over reaction. "Oh, dear. I know I'm your queen.. But your son has his own queen, okay—"

Damiano shuts her up with a kiss.

Eliza's face goes red as she stares at her husband, caught off guard by his action. "You are our queen." He turns to his son, looking at him with a hint of warning. " End of conversation." Eliza can't help but laugh and kisses her husband in the cheek.

"Oh, my king..." She sighs.

Eliza walks to his son who just stays there with an empty expression. "Oh don't listen to your father," she tenderly whispers, "Whether you call her your Queen or not, just always remember to treat her like a queen." She happily smiles when her son nods in agreement. Eliza soonafter leaves the office to head to somewhere.

Alessio and Damiano look at each other.