part 14, the finale. 1/2

~Nightmares pov~

Scary thing? There's nothing here.... Gradient continues to cry as he covers his eyes and talk about a "Scary" thing. The only scary thing here is me.
After a few minutes, Gradient stops crying, and looks around, clearly nervous. Then, Radier starts to scream. Me and Error run to where Radier was as Gradient starts to wail again.

Yet, nothing's there... But Gradient starts to scream and point to a dark corner. "SCARY! DONT HURT! MAKE HIM LEAVE! DONT HURT MAMA!"

im starting to get nervous myself.... What could be so.........scary........
I feel anger boil up within me.
"Error, calm your child." I hand Gradient to Error, I can see he has tears in his eyes.

"It's alright...." I say as I pat his back.

I sharpen my tendrils and fire them at the corner. Just as I suspected, HATE jumps out of the way with a sadistic smile.

"Well done, octopus. You found my hiding spot!" He says while eying our children.

"Get the hell away from us!" I tell as I step infront of  my family.

He chuckles darkly. "No can do, octopus. Judging by how much you care for your family, I'm going to enjoy RIPPING THEIR SOULS OUT RIGHT INFRONT OF YOUR EYES!"

I get in a fighting stance. "If you want to get them, you'll have to go through me."

HATE smiles. "So be it." I feel extreme Deja Vu by his words. I open a portal and push Error and Gradient through, I grab Radier and hand him to Error. "Run." I say as I close the portal. Now the real battle finally begins.

                    ~Errors pov~

I want to help fight, but I need to keep my children safe. What do I do? Last time Nightmare and HATE fought, he had me and the rest of the gang with him. And even then, we just barely won that. What will happen to Nightmare? I feel tears stream down my face. I don't want to loose Nightmare! But..... Radier and Gradient.....

If I can't help him, I will get help! I need someone as strong as me, I was the one who finished the last battle, so I need someone who can do the same! That someone is Ink....   He could help....and he is much nicer.... Maybe there is a chance?

Radier is a bit calmer now, but Gradient is clinging to me and sobbing into my jacket. Where are we? I check the codes, I'm in..... The doodle sphere? I thought Nightmare couldn't reach this place. I haven't been here since........

My thoughts were interupted by a young toddler pulling at my shorts. I look down to see a familiar child, it was Pallete! "Dig you come ta my birthday party?" Aw, that's cute but.... That was today? But if he's there, then so is Ink!

"Error, you came!" Ink says with a smile. But when he sees my destresed  face, his smile falls.

"Error, what's wrong? Where's Nightmare"

I try not to cry, but horribly fail. Tears start to run down my cheeks.
"H-h-he and HATE are....... He n-needs help! *Hic*"

Inks eyes widen. "Hate?!'

I nod my head. Ink grabs his paintbrush and opens a portal with it. "You can't help fight, but I can! And so will many others!"

I nod my head and try to smile. "T-thank you..."

"Stay here, I will be back, then you will take me to Nightmare!"

And with that, he hops through the portal.

A FEW MINUTES LATER

I've been on the ground crying for a while now, Radier fell asleep. But Gradient and Pallete are playing. And Dream is sitting next to me, trying to calm me down.