chapter 66

Shawn's POV

I almost broke down in sobs as I left Heathrow airport. My mind kept playing tricks on me, I've been having these random memories of us come back to me and I feel as if my soul is being obliterated again and again.

Its tiring, really

Theres one particular memory that crushed me and filled with an amount of guilt and regret I hadn't thought was possible.

8 months ago ...

"I really like you. I really do, and I would love for you to be my girlfriend" her heart raced, along with his.

"I don't kn-"

"I know you've been hurt before, but you have to believe me when I say I'd never do anything to hurt you. Ever." He knew she didn't trust easily, and after the relationship she had he couldn't blame her.

Nova was scared. Scared to pour her heart out to someone who'd leave and hurt her in the blink of an eye again. She was scared she'd fall in love, and be rejected. She was scared of losing yet another friend. But with fear came joy and excitement of what could be. She smiled.

"Yes Shawn, id love to be your girlfriend." A tear along with a sigh of relief escaped him. He was scared, he wouldn't get the girl again.

I failed to keep that promise

And so here I am. In London, wanting to make things right with the only girl i've ever loved.

Except I'm  so lost, i have no idea what numbers to call for cabs or what street that mansion is on. I sighed, panicking as I realise my phone was on 1%.

i'm left alone in a country i'm  foreign to with a phone that is about to die.

I have a new number since she blocked the old one... i had a chance of calling her but refrained from doing so. She didnt want to talk to me for a reason and I respected that, but I cant memorise anyone else's number right now.

And so I dialed hers. And she picked up.

She doesn't say anything, so I speak first.

"... Nova?"

"Of course, it's you." She spits, and I can just tell she's rolling her eyes.

"I need your help."

"With what? Getting your song back to #1? Are the PR stunts not doing it?"

"I deserve that, and basically everything you throw in my face but... I'm lost. I'm in London, I've just left Heathrow and I dont know where to go. My phone is on one percent and it could die any min-"

The phone dies.

"Fuck!" I yell. Not even enough time to convince her. I pace back and forth outside, running my hand through my hear in frustration.

Then rain started to pour as the sun went down and it was getting closer to night.

Not long after, a car rolled up. A black Mercedes to be exact.

The window rolls down and I'm blessed with the sight of a make-up less Nova. I almost forgot how beautiful she is, the Instagram photos really arent enough. I spent most of my free time scrolling through those, smiling as I scrolled down and frowning as I reached the last photo.

"Get in, Puta."

God, I've missed her.

~ ~ ~
Oh shoot, what's happening now?!?!

This chapter just shows how she still cares about him, she showed up.