chapter 45

The reunion with Lori and her parents was incredibly overwhelming.

There were tears, a lot of hugging and many apologies between the 3.

Shawn and Nova snuck into another room, "I'm leaving tomorrow to spend time with my family, and then it's the met ball," he speaks as he braids Novas hair, something he'd been begging to do.

"Ugh, but the met will be fun. And I bet you miss your family," Shawn had let his family know hed be staying in England for a few days, not for long.

"Hmm, I do. And I'm gonna miss you." Nova turns around a plants a small kiss on his lips.

The kiss becoming more heated, Nova places her hand on his jaw. She was surprised It didn't cut her by how sharp it was.

Shawn wasn't aggressive (like andre), he kissed her gently; almost as if he was afraid of hurting her.

His kiss was the kind of kiss that made Nova know that she was never so happy in her life.

"D'you wanna go upstairs?" She mumbles against his lips.

■ ■ ■ Mature content ■ ■ ■

As soon as her bedroom door was shut they started kissing again. Her tongue fluttered against his, and his hands were deep in the softness of her hair.

He pulled her against him, thinking that he'd never get her close enough, that if he could fold her inside of him, like a mother tucking a baby into her coat, he'd do it. He'd keep her warm, he'd keep her safe, he'd keep her with him, always.

Taking him hand, Nova led him to her bedroom, which looked like every room he'd ever been in — a bed, a dresser, the posters on the wall. She nibbled at his chin, his ear, touching his face with her fingertips, sighing, whispering, "You feel so good." Once, she pushed him back, propped herself onto her elbows, and asked, "How long has it been?"

Shawn knew what she was asking, and it wasn't how long it had been since he'd seen her. He thought back to his last romance, if you could even call it that, ten minutes of undignified fumbling in the bathroom of a bar downtown. "It's been a while," he said.

He felt her slip down the bed. She unfastened his pants, eased his briefs over his hips, and brushed the length of his cock with her palm before taking him in her mouth. He sighed, eyes shut, thinking about how unbelievably good it felt, when Nova gave a throaty moan, then rolled her mouth from base to tip and whispered, "Look at me."

He looked and saw that she had her eyes open, locked on his, as she opened her mouth, hollowed her cheeks, and slid all the way down. He wondered if some other guy had asked for that — I want you to look at me when you do it — or if she'd seen it in a movie, or read it in some magazine. Ten Secrets to Turn Your Guy On. Nova's expression went from ardor to confusion as she felt him start to soften.

What?" she asked.

"Shh," he said, pulling her tiny figure up so they were face-to-face again, his hands were so big on her body, he only had to use one hand.

He slid his hands between her legs, positioning fingers and thumb the way hed been taught by a previous lover.

He nuzzled against her, his lips on her neck, nibbling and kissing his way up to her earlobe, where she'd always been ticklish. "Ooh," she whispered. "Ooh! Oh, oh, oh," she sighed, as he worked his fingers against the slick seam . . . and then she forgot to pose, forgot about trying to look good, and lost herself inside her own pleasure.

Shawn watched her squeeze her eyes shut as she clamped her thighs against his wrist and snapped her hips up, once, twice, three times before she froze, all the muscles in her thighs and belly and bottom tense and quivering, and he felt her contract against his fingers

Before she could recover, he'd rolled her onto her back and slipped inside her. After the first thrust he had to hold still, knowing that if he kept moving, if he gave himself up to the exquisite tightness, the heat, he would explode. He wanted her to come at least once more, with him, and he didn't want her to tease him.

He reached down and stroked her cheek, then her hair. "Oh, God," she whispered, swiveling her hips in a way he knew would send him right over the edge. "Oh, wait. Do you have a condom?" He whispered.

Nova opened her nightstand drawer and took one out the full box. He was glad to know the box was full, that she had sex in a while.

Shawn ripped open the Trojan, slipping it on.

He kissed her and, finally, he slipped inside her again. She gasped and shut her eyes, and then neither of them spoke. She had one hand on his shoulder, the other slowly stroking his back, from the nape of his neck to the base of his spine.

"You feel so good," she whispered . . . and then Shawn couldn't hold back any longer. He plunged inside her, deep into that maddening clutch, that heat. Nova moaned, her hands locked onto his shoulders, her breath against his face, her voice in his ear, urging him on.

"Oh, baby," he gasped as she put her lips against his ear, whispering his name over and over, like a chant, or a song, or a prayer.

If there was going to be awkwardness, it would come when they'd finished; when they looked down and saw that he was still wearing his socks and she still had her panties hooked around one ankle. There would be the condom to dispose of, the strangeness of a man fucking her in her bed for the first time in months, and Shawn would surely have something to say about her decorating skills, how her bedroom was as austere and empty as a cheap hotel room, with no bookshelves, no dining-room table, nor photos on the walls.

But as soon as they were done, Nova rolled into his arms, curling herself against his chest, and said, "I missed you!" in the friendly, happily surprised voice of a woman who'd bumped into an old best friend at the grocery store.

With her hands balled into fists, she punched lightly at his chest, like it was his fault they'd been apart. But it obviously wasnt, she hate long distance.

"I missed you, too," Shawn said. He'd been smiling for so long he was sure that his face would ache in the morning. "I feel like . . ."

"What?" she asked. "How do you feel?"

"Like. I'm in love," he said. "I love you, Nova."

"Shawn," she gets up off his chest  wrapping the sheets over her breasts.

His heart stopped for a second, unsite if she felt it this early too.

Then she smiled.

"I love you too." She kisses him.

Then the two continued to make love, a second, third and maybe even a fourth time ...