Moving Forward

As I slowly open my eyes I realize I'm laying down and not sitting up on my couch anymore.

I reach for my phone from my nightstand to find it's two thirty and I see I have a couple text messages and missed calls from Jaden.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I notice I have a text from Josh. Questions keep piling up in my head as I read his text.

Why would he even be texting me now? My brain doesn't even wake up until I've been physically awake for an hour-

"Crap." I say aloud as I remember Punk'd is today, get to Punk Cody today!

The thought brightens my mood right away.

I yawn and stretch with a grin on my face.

I turn to Peyton's bed to find that it's empty. I should go find her, I told her I was taking her out for an us day...But I didn't tell her I was taking her to this really nice spa! They offered me a free spa day and a plus one for their publicity I guess, but hey I'm not passing it up!

I get out of bed and walk to the bathroom where I brush my teeth and wash my face. After I finish I walk downstairs to find everyone in the family room.

"Sleeping beauty is finally up." Justin says as he looks down from the tv.

I smile and wave lazily.

"Now your boyfriend can stop blowing Justin's phone up." Brandon doesn't even look away from the tv.

"He's not my boyfriend." That gets a response from my brother.

He actually pauses his game and looks down to me with a shocked expression on his face.

"What?" Peyton's voice surprises me.

"Long story short he got jealous, he got upset, and then he broke up with me."

"That sounds like typical Jaden." Peyton says.

"Yeah, and I'm tired of it! I really care about the kid, but if he keeps this up I'm gonna break up with him, and it's not gonna be word vomit."

I say while throwing myself into the couch on the space next to Peyton.

"Someone's feeling feisty." Brandon smiles, obviously amused by my emotions.

"I guess you could say that, but why was he texting you anyway?" I ask Justin.

"He wanted me to tell him when you woke up. I think he wants to apologize." I roll my eyes.

"Did you tell him I was up?"

"No. I told him you were sleeping."

"Good. I'm too frustrated to talk to him." I say while I get up.

"I'm gonna get some cereal." I tell everyone while I walk to the kitchen.

I find Cocoa Pebbles and Frosted Flakes in the cupboard. I decide I'm more in the mood for Frosted Flakes and pour myself a bowl with milk.

Right as I'm about to take a bite of my very late breakfast the doorbell rings.

"I got it!" I hear Brandon yell.

Curious, I listen more intently as I hear the door open.

"What?" I can clearly hear the hostility in Brandon's voice, even here in the kitchen.

"I just wanna talk to Stella."

I sigh as I realize Jaden's at the door.

I leave my bowl at the table and walk to the door to find Brandon being as intimidating as ever.