Christmas Eve Party

"No." I groan into my pillow while reaching for my ringing phone on my nightstand.

"Hello." I answer groggily after turning on my side and placing my phone on top of my ear.

"What. Did. You. Do." Scooter slowly says into my ear.

"Hm?" I act as if I have no idea what he's talking about.

"Stella." He warns.

"Oh! What did I do, well I haven't gotten out of bed yet so technically nothing yet."

"Stella, I'll ask one more time. What. Did-"

"Okay okay!" I interrupt Scooter while sitting up in my bed.

"I may have leaked 'Solo' after I left the meeting the other day."

"Stella, why?"

So I explain to him the whole Marisa situation.

"-And since I couldn't put it on the album I leaked it because I still wanted her to hear it."

Scooter sighs.

"She deserved it!" I say in defense.

"She may have deserved it, but you didn't have to do it. It's okay to be the bigger person sometimes."

"Next time. I'll be the bigger person next time, I swear."

"Stella." He sighs yet again, but this time I can hear a slight smile in his voice.

"I know, I know, I love you too." I say and Scooter chuckles.

"That's not what I was gonna say, but I do... Just out of curiosity, do you even know if she heard it?"

"Not that I know of, no. But that's not all that bad. It would suck to hear something like that on Christmas Eve, so maybe I'll tweet about how crazy it is that my song got leaked after New Years."

"Oh, Stella." Scooter laughs.

I can't help but smile at the sound.

"Well I'm gonna let you get back to your day, you probably have plans."

"Yeah, I'm helping my mom get the house ready for our little Christmas Eve get together."

"That sounds nice."

"Yeah, but it's nothing too fancy. Me and Peyton and Brandon are inviting a person over, Justin's coming with his mom, my mom's cooking, it's gonna be a fun time. Hey, you should stop by!"

"Stella, I'm in New York for the holidays." Scooter reminds me.

"Right, right. Whoops." I laugh.

"Well I'm gonna go before my mom kills me for not coming downstairs yet." I tell Scooter.

"Alright, merry Christmas Stella."

"Merry Christmas Scooter."

And then we hang up.

So I head downstairs and help my mom set everything up from helping cook the food to setting up the family room with cute little holiday snack platters and nuts.