Chapter 45

Zion Kuwonu

"Can you just say something please.."

"Zion not right now"

The water was dripping off his curls still as he slipped on a hoodie and tied it around his face. "All I want is to make sure your okay!" I raise my voice slightly as he makes his way into my closet. "Please just talk to me! You come to my house and don't say anything to me"

"What do you want me to say! What nigga! My parents couldn't deal with the fact that I was having sex so they kick me so yeah I'm obviously sad"

"Fine! Thank you! For at least telling me that so I can try and help you!" I said grabbing his wrist and yanking him out of my closet. "You can't help! There's no undoing this! You know that!" He shouts at me.

"You' What do you mean by 'You' this isn't my fault"

"I never said it was! But this situation could have been avoided"

"But IM the one who caused it right!?"

"Zion I'm done yelling at you about this.."

"NO I WANT YOU TO TELL ME THIS IS MY FAULT! JUST SAY IT"

He was just silent for a quick minute. He looks at me and glares that ugly ass glare he does when he is about to swing. "This... this ain't it!" He said while walking to the bathroom and grabbing the bag he packed and grabbing his keys off the counter.

"I can't stay with you hear so tell your mom thank you for the offer but I don't have time for this"

"Why do you always walk away from your problems! Like can't you see I care"

"I don't care you care!"

I step back from him and turn away. "Go... like for real nigga go..." I said weakly. I don't have this time to yell at him and force him to talk to me and confined to me. If he don't want me then say less.

"Don't be sensitive Zion you know-"

"Edwin hear me when I say GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY HOUSE!"

It felt like the room shook from my voice. Like a whole earthquake just hit us and we were both scared. "Don't yell at me like that..." he said timidly not making eye contact. "Edwin I can't with you sometimes! Like I get I have issues and I do some stupid shit but here I am! Trying to do better and here I am caring and...." I felt myself choke.

Like my voice is going to start cracking now and I'm on the verge of tears. "I would give you the world, I want to give you the world and it fucks me up every time when the world does shit like this to you" I grit my teeth together as my eyes were getting blurry.

"Zion I just... I don't know what to say anymore... like I have all these shitty things happening and I don't know what to say" he said dropping his bag onto the ground.

"Just tell me what I can do..."

"There's nothing you can do!"

I was about to shout at him but then there was a knock at the door. It slowly opened and Elom came through. "I just... wanted to say mom and dad will be home in 5 minutes" he said awkwardly starring at the both of us. I look over at Edwin and he looks at me.

He grabs his bag and walks out the door past Elom. "Eddie wait! We ain't dont talking!"

"Yes we are!"

"No we ain't!" I run in front of him and before he could reach the stairs and blocked his way. "Ion care if we beefing Eddie...You ain't leaving me" I said looking down at him. "I have no place in your life anymore Zion..."