"From the start, you know my loyalty is on you, not on the family," he replied looking serious as ever. "I truly care for you Pi."

Nag-iwas ako ng tingin. I hate how the stream of thoughts started in my head. Didn't we do naughty and evil things together? 

When I poured gasoline all over the car of my most hated elementary teacher, he gave me a lighter. When I chopped off my crush's girl's toes, he cleaned up the blood. When I planned to use my dogs to attack my bodyguards, he fucking trained the dogs! When I shoot guys on their dick countless times, he loaded the guns with bullets for me!

"Do not make me believe in trash Zero."

He sighed at humakbang palapit sa akin. Napaatras naman ako. Still, he continued walking towards me until I felt the railings of the moving barge. If I'll jump into the water, I cannot be sure if I swim away alive. Mukhang mas mabubuhay pa yata ako kung pagkakatiwalaan ko siya kaysa sa tumalon ako.

"There are things you better shouldn't know."

"Bullshit Zero!"

Muli siyang napabuntong-hininga. He's just lucky I have no gun in me right now. He made sure to get rid of it the moment he carried me towards his car at wala akong lakas na manlaban ngayong nalaman kong ahas pala siya.

"Komplikado ang lahat," sagot niya sabay hinga nang malalim. "I don't know where to start."

"Then give me an acceptable explanation what the hell is going on even just a gist of it!"

He looked as problematic as I am. "First of all, I'm... Flavio's son."

"No fucking hell! How come?! That's not true, I mean look at him! He looked like a calloused foot with a fucking puss boil! And you're nowhere near that! Gosh, are you adopted?" natatarantang sabi ko. I'm not exaggerating! I'm telling the truth. What the heck paano naging ama niya si Flavio, ang gwapo kaya ni Zero!

He smiled a bit and reached for me but I swatted away his hand. Hindi porke't sinabi kong hindi siya kamukha ni Flavio ay ibig sabihin okay na ako pagkatapos ng ginawa niya? I'm not as shallow as that!

"Maybe shit like that really happened," he said.

"Or maybe he made you believe something like that! Kahit sino ang tanungin mo, walang maniniwalang mag-ama kayo!"

"He showed me photos of my mom, when she was pregnant at noong lumalaki ako. Nandoon siya sa mga larawan--"

"It must be photoshopped!" giit ko! That is something I refused to believe! "He stab you when we were young! Naalala mo? He made you endure few hours inside the dim bathroom with scorpions and cockroaches just to torture you! That scar under your jaw and on the side of your eyebrow, hindi ba siya ang may gawa niyan?!"

"I'm glad you remembered every detail of it. But there were vague memories I had of him noong bata pa lamang ako at wala pa ako sa poder ninyo. When my mom cried dahil sa kinkilala kong ama, he's the one there for us. Sa mga panahong nangangailangan kami, siya ang naroon. Masaya si mama kapag nandyan siya and now I know the reason why. Saka ko lamang iyon nalaman nang mawala siya. Maybe Flavio did all those to me dahil ako ang dahilan ng pagkamatay ni mama."

Ang pagkakatanda ko, tauhan ni Daddy ang mga magulang ni Zero. His 'dad' isn't ugly (unlike Flavio ew) pero hindi niya pala iyon tunay na ama? I've seen his mom and she's definitely a beauty. She's a wanton women, a prostitute who also worked for dad as undercover, a bait or plainly stripper for his men's happy hour.. Pero pinatulan niya si Flavio?! Like hello, even if I were a prostitute, I won't even take a glance at Flavio, more so have sex with him kahit gaano pa kalaking pera 'yan!

"I refuse to accept that," sagot ko at naglakad palayo.

Sinundan pa rin niya ako. "At hindi totoong sa engkwentro namatay ang mga magulang ko, pinapatay sila ng... ng Daddy mo."

I know Dad's evil, but at least he wasn't a bad father to me and John. But no, I'm not admitting that to Zero. "Hindi 'yan magagawa ni Daddy."

"I know you'd say that," he replied and sighed. "But Pi, marami ka pang hindi alam--"

"But I know well how you chose to betray us! All this time you hear me complained about Flavio tapos... kasabwat ka niya? What the hell Zero?" sigaw ko sa mukha niya. Moments like these made me want to cry but crying isn't my thing. Minsan lang ako umiyak at wagas pa.

"I know and I admit to such," sinserong wika niya. "But I'm genuine when it comes to you."

"If you really are, take me home dahil malamang hinahanap na ako ng asawa ko ngayon." I promised Rocket I'll be back by evening. Guess I'll be a little late for later because of that foreign fucker. I just need to be creative in our plans tonight to make it up for my tardiness. Rocket likes massage, maybe I should drop by some store to buy essential oils and rub him down for some time before we'll have steamy date night.

Then I'll make him pay for that night with the foreign fucker's wife. He's not getting away with it and so as that darn woman.

"No," matigas na sagot ni Zero. 

I whipped my head towards him, surprised to hear his reply. "No?!"

He brushed his fingers on his hair in a frustrated manner. "I told you may mga bagay na hindi mo na dapat malaman, so please do not ask why I do not allow you to go back to that Vander."

Now I wanted to slap the hell out of him. Sino siya para pagbawalan akong bumalik sa asawa ko?

"Bakit? And do not give me a vague explanation why!"

"I care for you Pi so I chose not to talk about--" He groaned when I immediately landed a fist on his jaw. Hindi pa rin siya nagpatinag, he just nodded a bit to himself as he ticked his jaw. "Just rest Pi."

It took me a quick kick on the crotch and punch on his right eye to get the gun he tucked on his back. I pulled the safety and it made a clicking sound. I had him at gun point, right between his eyes.

"Tell me or I won't even hesitate to pull this fucking trigger Zero," sabi ko sa kanya at hinigpitan ang hawak sa baril.

His dark eyes pierced through me, searching for something but I swear all he could see is that I wouldn't waver to pull this trigger if he fucking pissed me off right now. 

"You can't go back... to him."

"P*tang*na mo naman Zero eh, bakit nga?!"

May pag-aalinlangan pa rin sa mukha niya. Nakipagsukatan siya ng tingin sa akin at napabuntong-hininga, a sign of his surrender. "...because he's the son of someone you loathe. Rionessi Vander, Tartarus of Vander Mafia is the one who tortured and killed your mom in your presence."

And that was enough for me to drop the gun as I dropped on my knees, remembering the bad memories I thought I forgot because they're too damn painful to bear for a young kid like me.

And that memory was enough to make me burst into tears.

#

ShinichiLaaaabs✒️

A/N: I thought I could end this by Chapter 60 but hohoho I'm on Chapter 63 and I wasn't near its end yet lol. I just had an stupid  plot in mind! It popped out of nowhere lol