S1:C9; Date Night (Part 1/3)

Start from the beginning

Click.

My heart froze and my stomach dropped to my feet. Cooper was home.

"All I'm saying is that..."

And Erin was with him! I panicked over to grab my bag, and I hurried to stuff all the trash into it, and I grabbed his key and his backpack, taking a few steps back from the couch, to give the impression that I had just now came over to drop off his bag.

"Oh!" Cooper and I both exclaimed as we jumped in surprise. "Geez, Cam, are you just now getting here?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I was writing that," I said as I pointed at the small letter I'd written for Erin, "And it took me a little while. I rewrote it at least twice..." I said, keeping my eyes away from Cooper to give him a sense that I was nervous about the letter. "What's it say? Why do you look so scared," he questioned as he stepped over to me and took his bag off of his shoulder, and placed it on the couch before grabbing my hand. "Does it say you don't want to be my friend anymore, because if it does, then I'm not reading it," he said sternly.

I shook my head and deceitfully faked an expression that resembled shyness as I met Erin's hard glare. "I-it's for Erin," I stuttered falsely. She snarled in disgust at me, so I decided to play the victim card. "I-I'm gonna go. You guys are clearly still upset about me being here, so...yeah...I'm gonna go," I mumbled weakly.

"Cameron, you can—"

I cut Cooper off with a shake of my head and a small scrunch oh my nose. "It's okay. I have to get ready for Graham, anyways," I said, making Cooper visibly upset. "Um— I might see you guys later at Giorgi's place? Bye."

I quickly made my way out of Cooper's apartment, and I smiled to myself as I walked into mine. Cooper was angry about Graham's presence around me, and he didn't want us to date. He had to break up Erin soon.

Upon finishing my shower, I slid into a black turtleneck sweater and I put on some ripped baggy blue jeans, I cuffed the bottoms of the leg sleeves a bit, and I tied my outfit together with a black belt. Shoes wise, I just put on some black and white high top Converse.

Tonight was a pretty special night...I had to impress two, possibly three people tonight. I needed Graham to think that I was cute enough to ask out, I wanted Cooper to think that I was the cutest thing he'd ever seen, and I had to make Erin think that I was a little more of a threat to her and Cooper's relationship than I already am.

I played with my hair a bit in my mirror, and when I was happy with the messy, wild look of it, I went into the cabinet below my sink and grabbed my favorite dark pink blush, and white eyeliner. The blush took no longer than ten minutes to perfect, and the stars that I'd make with the eyeliner took me another ten minutes. The look was definitely worth the time. I looked adorable.

Knock, knock, knock! I jumped at the sudden knocking and as I walked over to look through the peephole, a voice outside my door shortly explained who was at my door. "Hey, short stuff, it's Graham."

I giggled as I began unlocking my door, and as soon as my door was open, Graham's jaw dropped. "Shorty, you look gorgeous! Wh—?! You— You did that?!" He questioned, pointing at his cheeks to resemble my blush. I laughed as I nodded and Graham scoffed. "Good God, you're like...so pretty! It should be illegal! Look at you! The tight black turtleneck, the jeans, the belt, the Converse!" He exclaimed.

"Come inside, you're going to draw attention from the neighbors," I giggled as I pulled Graham inside my apartment, closing the door behind him. "Cameron, I feel underdressed. You're always dressing so formally," Graham pouted.

"Don't feel like that," I scoffed. "I always wear turtlenecks because of my body insecurities."

"What?! But you're body is so fit!" Graham mentioned. "I'm just not happy with the way I look. My body scares little kids," I laughed even though I was truly ashamed. "Screw little kids. They're just little blunt-nuggets that don't know anything about what or who they're judging. You're beautiful," my date said sweetly as he grabbed my hands. I looked at our limbs and my eyebrows furrowed at the sight of a familiar scar running down from his wrist. His long sleeve covered the scar for the most part, and my curiosity got the best of me.