(151)Too close for comfort part 1.

So this is another long one but it's not that long only 10,000 words.

"So what's it say?" Caitlin asked anxiously gnawing on her lower lip "is there a match?"

Henry smiled "not yet the system is still loading"

She nodded and looked down at her lap, Henry eyed the young girl she couldn't be much younger than his son.

He could tell she was anxious but he saw it all the time and it was understandable being matched up with your soulmate was very life changing.

He eyed her oversized jumper she was wearing that he could tell was too thin to keep out the cold and the leggings she was wearing her to short and didn't even reach her ankle.

He felt sympathy for the girl he really did he donated to families like hers the ones who couldn't afford to buy new clothes through growth spurts and who struggled to buy food.

But hey, maybe he was just assuming things maybe her family had money and they just neglected her because after all registering your soulmate mark was expensive.

Henry actually owned a few shares of the register company his father had created the company with a few friends and when he was 20.

And naturally henry had become an apprentice when he was 18 and when he was 21 he had taken a permanent role in the company and took over his father's shares when he died.

Now here he was at 42 he had a son in college and he was married to his soulmate- the love of his life.

Barry hadn't taken an interest in the company yet but he was only 19 but he had a lot of growing up to do so Henry wasn't worried Barry was a responsible young man and he trusted that when the time was right he would accept his responsibility.

Henry had decided he wanted a change so today he was just one of the results room all he had to do was scan a number that someone was given and wait for the system to find a match or not find a match it was simple easy work and it got Nora off his back she insisted that he do some work at the office because he didn't like him doing it all at home.

So he had found someone who had called in sick and took their job for the day.

Now here he was waiting for the young woman's results.

The computer beeped letting him know a match had been found, Henry felt a little relief for the girl, he really did she seemed like a nice girl, a nice girl who deserved to meet her soulmate.

"Does that mean there's a match?" The girl asked he couldn't remember her name.

He was about to tell her there was a match but he paused when he saw his son's profile on the screen.

He was her match, her soulmate.

Henry glanced at her discreetly before looking back at the screen, Barry couldn't end up with this girl, she was-well she was poor.

He didn't hate the girl he wanted her to meet his soulmate just not his son, he knew his son, Barry wanted to save everyone and Henry knew how much his son wanted to meet his soulmate but Barry deserved a soulmate he didn't have to save.

He wanted his son to focus on the company not a soulmate he felt compelled to save.

"No" he lied quickly and easily "I'm sorry there's no match yet" Barry would thank him for this.

The girl deflated and he offered her a small smile "we'll contact you if and when a match is found"

She nodded and offered him a polite smile before leaving.