(1) Who said soul ache isn't deadly?

You got your soulmark when fate decided, you could get them at any time when you were a baby or when you were old and close to death was really no age limit but you and your soulmate always got your marks at the same time.

Caitlin got hers when she was 15 she'd been studying

Caitlin rushed into her bathroom and there it was on her colarbone th mark was red wich ment she'd already knew her soulmate.

Her mark was a love heart with 6 lightning bolts around it but not touching it.

with shaky hands she touched the mark it didn't smudg or disappear it stayed.

Caitlin knew her mother didn't aprove of the idea of soulmates but that was probly because her soulmate left her when she was 20 so he could travel the world and because her mother didn't want to go because she was obsessed with her job she stayed met another man married him and then had caitlin.

Her mother had always told her that soulmates were overrated and that you shouldn't spend your life waiting for someone who might never show up.

But caitlin didn't care she hardly spent time at home anyway she was usually at her friend barrys house his parents said they loved her like like a daughter.

Nora had been more of a mother to her then her own mother she always told her that soulmates were wonderful things and that when you found the person who shared your mark your life changes for the better.
***

Caitlin stared at the mark for a while before covering it with make up and walking down stairs her mark was far down enough to be hiden by some of her T-shirt but not the one she was wearing.

When she got down stairs her mother had her suite case in her hands.

"Your going away again?" Caitlin sighed.

"Don't be so childish caitlin" her mother snapped.

"How long are you going for this time?"

"A few days a week at most" she anwsered zipping up the suitcase.

After her mother left caitlin ran to her room and pulled on her STAR labs hoodie then went to barrys house (it was only a 5 minute walk)

She didnt bother knocking or ringing the door bell she just walked in. Itworked both ways barry just walked in to unless her mother was home then he cane threw the window they'd been doing it for years.

She shut the door behind her and henry greated her with a smile once he'd looked up from his newspaper "Barrys up stairs with Nora"

Caitlin thanked him and ran upstairs to barrys room and burst in ready to tell him the news.

The first thing she saw when she walked in was Nora she was talking to barry about something but stopped when she burst through the door.

"Hello caitlin" Nora greated

"Hi Nora hi, Barry I have some news"

"Me to I'll go first" barry said standing up and showing her his side where the same mark she had was stadium proud against his skin caitlin smiled and opened her mouth to tell him she had the same mark but before she could say anything he said.

"Iris is my soulmate"

Catlin froze "Iris. How do you know its her?"

"Its red wich means I already know her and I've had a crush on Iris for like 3 years now and I dont know any other girls so it has to be her"

The whole room went silant "are you ok honey?" Nora asked stroking caitlin's arm.

"Yeah I was in a whole other place...that's great Barry I'm happy for you"