21|Date

21|Date

After what felt like way too long, the uber finally arrived, billie gave me a I told you bot to mess with me smirk and I just stuck my tongue out at her

After what felt like way too long, the uber finally arrived, billie gave me a I told you bot to mess with me smirk and I just stuck my tongue out at her. billie pulled out her phone, but kept it close to her chest so I couldn't see. I heard the dialling of numbers and then she brought the phone to her ear. "we are here," she said and hung up. she opened the car door and I followed her, he rose still in my hands, my fingers placed around the thorns. 

we were parked on a gravel path, in the middle of no where. I turned around where there wath a path lit up into the woods, lanterns lighting the way as we were in the pitch black of night. "you coming?" she asked as I snapped out of my daze. 

"nah, I think I will go home now," I said sarcastically, jogging over to her her as we walked down this path together. As we walked, our finger tips brushed together, it gave me butterflies. I wanted to hold her hand, but I was over thinking the whole thing. what if she doesn't want to hold hands? what if this is all a setup up she is going to breakup up with me? she probably doesn't even like me. I mean for God's sake what even is their to like about me. I hate myself, why can't I just be perfect. I didn't want to think like this, but I couldn't help it, it just happened and before I knew it I was caught in al loop. 

The thing that pulled me out of it was when our fingers brushed together and instead of letting them loose contact, billie intertwined them, leaning over and kissing me on the cheek, "breathe, everything is okay don't stress," and just like that all my thoughts changed. god she knows just what to say. how does she know me so well. she is perfect. god I lover her so much. wait. what. I love her? I mean I haven't even known her that long. I had promised myself I would never fall in love again, but I guess that's another broken one. I cant tell her that yet. hell no. no way. I think it will be my little secret. yeah, that's good. 

after walking for around ten minutes we cam to a small clearing. there was a massive beanbag, big enough for me billie and an elephant, popcorn, capri-suns and a projecter screen hanging from a tree branch.   

we both stood in silence. but in that silence so much was being said. it was perfect, and instead of breaking that silence to tell her how perfect it was, I squeezed her hand a little to say thank you. 

we sat down and billie pulled a fluffy blanket out from behind the beanbag. "you thought of it all, didn't you?" I asked, as more of a rhetorical question than anything else. she smiled, she had such an infectious smile. 

"okay, so at first I didn't know what we should watch, I originally thought of something scary then I realised we would be sitting all alone, in the dark in a forest so that would have been a bad idea. so I thought of some cute, with some evil. And whats two thing everyone loves?" she asked. how was I supposed to know.

"takis, and music?" I say slightly sarcastically, having it could have been quite literally anything.

"true, but no, Disney and Hades,"

I sit up as my eyes widen "Hercules?" I say, as she nods. wow she really is perfect.

we cuddle, the cold of the night not bothering either of us and we eat popcorn and continue watching the movie. well I say watching the movie. I would stare at Billie, and anytime she would start to look my way I would whip my head back round to the movie and my cheeks would flush a shade of pink.

when the movie came to an end,  we were both practically asleep, and we trudged back down the path to the uber, who must have been waiting there the whole time as it was the same driver. "thank you Billie, it was the best first date I could have imagined, and I have no idea how im going to top that," I buckle up my seatbelt as we start to move. 

"well, as long as you are there it will be perfect," she said, and as soon as she did I avoided eye contact. I hate compliments. I just can't believe that what she is saying is true, and I feel so bad for that. I really do. 

But she doesn't seem bothered,  in a good way. its like we speak to each other without having to say anything. we have our own language. 

when we arrived back at the Bus we both just wanted to sleep, we walked in quietly as everyone else was asleep. I was holding the fluffy blanket in one hand and the rose in the other. "you want cocoa?" she asked and I nodded. 

as Billie was making our drinks I sat on the couch doing my best not to fall asleep. 

A/N 

here you go the first date. 

I would love any constructive criticism as I am always looking for ways to improve both my writing and this book.

907 words