:12:

Wednesday, August 21, 2019
5:00pm.....
New Orleans

-Malia Cortez

I stood there holding the gun in my hand pointing at the target

I stood there holding the gun in my hand pointing at the target. Malcom wanted me to learn how to shoot a gun, incase I'm ever in a situation like with what happened Sunday again. Zay has that stupid ass sling on his shoulder, so he can't protect me as much anymore.

Today is Wednesday the day before my birthday and I haven't even thought about what I'm going to do. With everything that's been going on I just want to chill with Zay and his friends. Malcom said Nicole can't come over anymore because if she steal something he gonna shoot her.

I've been getting closer with Briana and Danae now since my friends can't come over. Yo Briana funny as a bitch, yeah she look all quiet and hard but that bitch is crazy. Swear a bitch be having a heart attack, her and Danae was arguing the other day and Briana said 'bitch shut the fuck up with yo leap frog looking ass, that's why Malcom be back handing yo ass because you talk to fucking much.' I cried y'all deadass, then I had a talk with Malcom about putting his hands on Danae. Daddy ain't raise him like that, if I ever see him put his hands on Danae imma slap fire out his ass.

Yeah my brother be roughing me up and shit but I'm his little sister and I know he ain't gonna punch or no shit like that. Yeah he slapped the shit out of me ONE TIME but that's all, he promised to never put his hands on me like that again. But if he do imma be ready, shoot his ass right in the foot he gon learn.

Monty and Zay been spending more time together, that shit that happened gave Monty the scare of his life. He thought he was gonna loose Zay, that's his blood brother. Same daddy different mommas, Zay had told me that not to long ago. Most sibilings I know if they don't have the same momma they don't really give a fuck about eachother but that's different with Zay and Monty. They love each other and they have that strong ass brother bond that can't nobody break. Yeah they argue bit they'll go to war for each other without any hesitation.

Kyden been distant ever since our talk in my room that day. I mean we were never close before but now that nigga doesn't even speak to me unless he has too. I didn't think it would hurt that much because I thought it was just some little crush but it did hurt.

Currently Kyden's yelling at me because I didn't know how to stand and shoot a gun properly. Monty and Malcom handling some business, and Zay at home with Briana and Danae, they playing nurse or whatever.

"Can you shoot the gun already?" Kyden asked and the annoyance was evident in his voice.

"Could you just shut up and show me again?" I asked holding the gun out for him to come take it and show me.

He exhaled and rolled his eyes but he still walked over to me and took the gun. We were outside in the back of the trap house and it was hot as hell, he wasn't wearing a shit and he was sweating a little bit.