twenty-two

"C. Next question."

"You got it wrong, Natsu."

"What! Gray, gimme that magazine. You're lying, aren't you," Natsu reached over the lunch table, causing everyone to groan in annoyance as they shifted their food to avoid it colliding with his torso.

"You got every single question wrong before this one, but this is the one you're surprised by?" Gray pulled the magazine away from Natsu's reach, shaking his head and sighing. He put his right pointer finger to his temple, tapping it twice as he said,"It must be nice having little to nothing going on up here."

"What is this quiz you're taking anyways?" Lucy took the magazine from Gray (despite his whining) and scanned the page until she saw the short quiz at the bottom. Her eyes narrowed incredulously. "You didn't even do this correctly. There aren't any 'wrong' answers, Gray."

"What do you mean?"

"It's a quiz called 'Which Nail Polish Color Would Describe What Kind of Pie You Want?'" Lucy looked up from the magazine, shaking her head. "Man, magazines really need to learn how to not make weird quizzes."

"Just out of curiosity, with my answers, what nail polish color and pie would I have gotten?" Natsu leaned against Lucy, his front pressed against her shoulder as he looked at the magazine.

Lucy elbowed him in the chest, suppressing an amused smile as he pouted and leaned away. "Pink, and the pie you'd want would be..." She fought every urge in her body to burst out laughing as she said, "pinkie pie."

Natsu narrowed his eyes. "Isn't that...?"

Lucy handed the magazine back to Gray as she shrugged.

Juvia sighed, shaking her head as she snatched the magazine away from Gray. "Remind me never to bring magazines to lunch ever again."

-

As everyone picked up their belongings to leave the lunchroom, the girls walked together, with Juvia walking backwards as she faced the others. "Okay you guys, you know what needs to happen today?"

"An outrageous musical number?" Erza raised an eyebrow as she looked at Juvia.

"...No. Guess again."

"A foursome?"

"Erza, no--"

The girl clapped her hands together in a confident resolve. "A foursome with a musical number. We could play a broadway soundtrack in the background and it'll be a blast."

Juvia stared at her in horror, Lucy being the first one to laugh loudly. Levy soon joined in, shaking her head as she said, "What was it, Juvia?"

"A sleepover. You know, like normal people have every now and then," Juvia sighed heavily, her shoulders sagging as she glanced over to Erza and then to Lucy and Levy. "I hate all of you."

"Aw come on, Juvia, I was kidding. A sleepover sounds like a fine plan," Erza smiled brightly at her, the frown on Juvia's face finally diminishing as she sighed, shrugging and letting a smile rest on her lips. She and Erza walked together in front of Lucy and Levy, talking about stuff they could do later at their sleepover.

"You know what also sounded like a plan?" Lucy mumbled in a not-so-soft way as she gently elbowed Levy to get her attention, "A broadway musical foursome."

Juvia violently turned around, irritation gleaming in her eyes. "Lucy, you can't run away forever! Your next class is with me!"

-