five

Lucy stopped by her locker before meeting the pink haired boy in the parking lot. She sighed, having to lean into her locker to avoid being shoved by passing students rushing to leave.

The hallways emptied pretty quickly, giving the blonde space to move around and room to breathe. She hated cramped spaces, and when it was the end of the school day, she headed for the doors to avoid the mob of students.

As she closed her locker door, her eyes snapped to the brown haired boy leaning against the locker beside hers. She frowned, adjusting the strap of her backpack before crossing her arms across her chest. "Dan."

The boy grinned lazily, "Hey." He pushed off the wall and swiveled on his heel until he was side by side with her, draping his arm around her shoulders. "We should go out tonight."

Lucy instantly shrugged his arm off of her, taking a few steps away from him. She didn't bother trying to hide the distasteful expression spreading across her face. "We broke up two years ago. It wasn't even like we were actually dating."

He sighed. "At least let me take you out to dinner."

"Excuse me?" The blonde scoffed.

"To apologize for what happened at the party. You know how bad my drunkenness is," He added.

"As 'fun' as that sounds," Lucy rolled her eyes, turning away from him. "I already have plans. Sorry."

"Where do you think you're going?" The boy grabbed her wrist tightly, yanking her back to face him.

Lucy flinched hard, quickly yanking her wrist back. The bruises finally went away from around her wrists and neck, and she wasn't going to let Dan make more. "Don't touch me."

He looked at her calmly, a disgustingly easy-going smile on his face. "Just cancel your plans and go out with me, Lucy."

"No," The blonde muttered, swirling around to walk away. She felt the boy grab her wrist and yank her towards him.

With wide eyes, she attempted to push him away using her free hand, only to have him force her backpack off and wrap his arm around her waist. "Let me go, Dan. Now," Despite her voice coming out even and firm, her figure trembled, panic rising inside of her as she struggled to break from his grasp.

He let out a frustrated sigh, chuckling sarcastically. "Why do you always have to be so stubborn?" His grip tightened around her wrist until the feeling in Lucy's wrist began to numb. She winced in pain, but held up a strong front, not wanting to show Dan that what he was doing was working.

"Let her go, Dan," An all too familiar voice came from behind Lucy's back, which made her feel more relieved than she had in years from hearing him.

The brown haired boy looked up at him with a scowl, scoffing as his nails dug into her skin. Lucy yelped as a sharp sting erupted from her wrist. "Dan!"

The pink haired boy quickly came and shoved him away, Dan finally letting go of Lucy. He grabbed ahold of his shirt and slammed him against the wall, angrily clenching his fists as he spoke. "I told you to never touch her again."

"What are you going to do? Punch me?"

Lucy watched as the pink haired boy's fist made contact with Dan's cheek, a small smile of satisfaction spreading on her face despite what was happening. He let him go as he walked over to her, Dan crumpling to the floor as he flexed his jaw, cursing under his breath.

"Are you okay?" The boy asked her.

Lucy raised her eyebrows as she held up her bleeding wrist. "Do I look okay?"